Got my stock done !

Gregg C

Folks, it took me 7 FULL weekends, with some Fridays here and there, and Labor Day to get this project done. Right around 300 hrs, estimated. But man, am I tickled pink with how it turned out! Going to build 5 more for family and friends, now that I made the mistakes on mine. Here's what she morphed into...hope you all like it, too.
0908190922.jpg
0908190922a.jpg
0908190927a.jpg

looks good!
Thanks ! I had a moment last weekend, after I bedded it. On Monday, I went to remove the action from the wood, and found the mud had pushed the clay up in the mag well, and locked it in. I was heart sick, thought I was going to have to cut it off my action! Figured out where it was locked, and was able to get my Dremel in there and cut the Devcon out enough to separate it. Whew!!!

Estimated 300 hours? I think your estimations are off a little! 7 weekends (Saturday and Sunday), 48 hour/weekend. 7 x 48= 336. Lol
Nice looking stock, and I bet pictures don't do it justice.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts