Got my squirrel rifle tuned up and ready.

Ohlongarm

Ruger 77/22 bolt action suppressed, 1 pound trigger by Volquartsen, Leupold 3x9 with adjustable objective.
Ammunition is Winchester subsonic 40 grain hollow point the ones MADE in Australia no longer available in states, I believe, hardest hitting subsonic I've ever seen.
I've had and used this rifle for 20 years and it's killed hundred of squirrels, and many other varmints extremely accurate.
This 4 shot group was shot at 50 yards benched solid with not a hint of wind, a squirrels worst nightmare.

Attachments

• group4.jpg
    group4.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 475
Dang, dog will hunt.

I need to pick up squirrel hunting. I threaten to do it every spring then something always distracts my interest.

Here would be my primary and she's shot a few over the years. A cz 453 in 17hmr. Below is the 17 hmr and two 22lr's one a savage and the middle a cz 457 target.

Screenshot_20210105-135131_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210105-135156_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, dog will hunt.

I need to pick up squirrel hunting. I threaten to do it every spring then something always distracts my interest.

Here would be my primary and she's shot a few over the years. A cz 453 in 17hmr. Below is the 17 hmr and two 22lr's one a savage and the middle a cz 457 target.

View attachment 297094View attachment 297095
Nice set of rifles, I think you're ready.

😱 😱

Yeah, well, I can see your point. 👍🏼
But that 40 grain hollow point will actually end all their nightmares, as it will put them to sleep — permanently.

I think you're doing them squirrels a big favor, giving them eternal rest and peace. 😉

Matthias
Impressive round I search daily online trying to find more, but so far futile.

Ohlongarm I seen your title n my thoughts were…is he gonna paste them squirrels with that new 17 hornet…🤣😂 so I read the post to find out u stricken with the 22 for squirrels for now 😎
I've only ever hunted squirrels with a 22, or a Benjamin pellet gun. Never a shotgun or anything else, that hornet in my opinion, would devastate a squirrel. I shot a barn pigeon yesterday at a solid 100 yards and , I couldn't find a piece of meat larger than a dime within a 10 foot circle. I realize it's only a pigeon but it was totally vaporized. Hopefully a Gh soon, saw 2 yesterday but they made me on the atv, and never showed again. Squirrel pictures soon will be posted.

For a 22 it works, my Tikka T1X is as accurate but considerably louder by far being unsuppressed, a suppressed rifle gives an unfair advantage , but who said life was fair? Squirrels are my number 2 passion, coyotes first, only coyotes aren't as tasty, I wouldn't know.
Quiet doesn't kill. The impact does. I am so jealous of you for having one incredible rifle. Wow!

I love rimfires i have a
17 hmr ruger american
17 hmr marlin bull barrel stainless
22 mag marlin
22 long rifle marlin mo 60
10/22 ruger
All of them have trigger work and are tack drivers. Kill all them squirrles they wreck havic on my deer feeders. Between them and coons i dont know wich i hate more. In off season there are times i have to go sit in my treestand and thin them out. I will have 1500 pics of squrrels and coons in a weeks time at some of my feedees. Sometimes as many as 7 or 8 squirrels at 1 time at them