Got my spike bull!!!

remingtonman_25_06

I finally got a shot at a spike bull on the 7th day of my 2nd season general spike tag. We had a heard of 6 elk spotted with 2 spikes in the bunch. Me and another guy went down the ridge the elk were on. We were sneaking down along the opposite side untill we were right across from the elk. When we came over the hill the elk were across a draw about 250 yards. I did not have time to rangefind the elk as they were not about to stay for long. They knew the jig was up. I had my 300 RUM with 200g AB's and let one fly. The 1st shot connected behind the shoulder. The bull showed signs of a hit, but did not go down. The 2nd shot I hit him right in the hams as he was going over the ridge. The bull was now down!! Then the work began. The bullet did its job. The 1st shot was definately a killing shot, but did not want to chance it and have to chase the elk all the way to the bottom of the canyon. The 200g AB performed flawlessly again. It tore 3 ribs out, and left a hole that was about 5 inches long and about 3 inches wide. I was very happy to say the least. I took pics, but need to know the easiest way to post them.??

P.S. Our hunting party had an excellent year this year. We ended up shooting 7 spikes and a nice 5x5. Everybody tagged out before the season was over. It was a phenominal year to say the least.

remingtonman_25_06:

Check out "This Link".

It's all pretty self explanatory. Just have them in the right format, upload them to a site that will host them and use the url of the pics to make your posts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The 200g AB performed flawlessly again. It tore 3 ribs out, and left a hole that was about 5 inches long and about 3 inches wide.

[/ QUOTE ]
What did you get for penetration? Was this a 3 inch by 5 inch entrance?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.