Got my sheep mount back !

I'm applying for a tag this year here in Wyoming. It's gonna take a few years for the points to accumulate.
Congratulations sir

Thanks! Killed him in 2017 in central Nevada. Only regret was shooting him the second day of the hunt. Have applied for sheep 44 years in my home state of Washington. Never a tag . Yet lucked out and drew this with 8 points. Hope to get to do it again someday before I'm to gimped up.

Wow great sheep, super lucky with 8 points, and Joe did a great job as always.
He did my euro Nevada bear,Nevada bull, and my Ca antelope.

Wow, great sheep ub270. What point system does Nevada have? I have been applying in Wyoming for a bighorn for quite a few years and you have to be at the top of the point ranking to get a tag, as far as I know. Anyway, thanks for showing the mount of the great Desert sheep.

I'm applying for a tag this year here in Wyoming. It's gonna take a few years for the points to accumulate.
Congratulations sir

Don't waste your money if you don't have any PPs. If you look at the money involved and the terrible odds it will take at least one, if not two, lifetimes, just for the top point holders to draw their tags before it even drops down to the lower point pools you would be in. Save your money and maybe if you're still in good enough health in 20 years you might be able to pay for a hunt in Alaska or Canada if you're still at a fairly young age.

There are a few areas that have decent draws, although the hunting is harder.
I am 47, a well used 47. 15-20 years probably isn't in the deck of cards for me.
I buy an additional point each fall as well as draw, we'll see.
A twelve year old drew a moose his first year and a ram tag the second year he applied. His family isn't even in politics or wealthy. There is still hope

Don't waste your money if you don't have any PPs. If you look at the money involved and the terrible odds it will take at least one, if not two, lifetimes, just for the top point holders to draw their tags before it even drops down to the lower point pools you would be in. Save your money and maybe if you're still in good enough health in 20 years you might be able to pay for a hunt in Alaska or Canada if you're still at a fairly young age.

Topgun, thanks for the advise but I do have 18 preference points right now. I did get a Dall sheep in Alaska a few years ago and it was a blast. I am working on getting in shape for a possible tag this year. Wish me luck!!!

I've hunted Nevada for 20 + years and have drawn several deer and antelope tags. When my son started applying 9 years ago that's when I added sheep and elk . My son drew elk with 5 points and I got the sheep with 8. So it is possible to draw without max points. Maybe not the top notch units but for me it's about being able to get out and see some new country. If I do kill something it's always a trophy in my eyes. Look last years draw stats and you can see everyone does have a chance. Can't draw a tag if you don't apply. Best of luck

Excuse me, Topgun 30-06. I see where you quoted TG-5150 in your response. I just thought you were offering advise to others also.

Oregon has some good sheep, simple lottery system. As mentioned you can't win if you don't apply.
I got mine the first time I applied. Wish I'd been that lucky with the rest of my life.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.