got my new witt machine muzzle brake!

22-250hunter

got it the other day and installed went to the range windage was off a lil bit but that was it iv been busting spray cans and caps out at 400 and 450 at this new range i joined im waiting to quilify for the 1000 yard range but the brake is awesome and looks great its a fine piece of work and was only 110 bucks shipped to my house!

got it the other day and installed went to the range windage was off a lil bit but that was it iv been busting spray cans and caps out at 400 and 450 at this new range i joined im waiting to quilify for the 1000 yard range but the brake is awesome and looks great its a fine piece of work and was only 110 bucks shipped to my house!
Was this there clamp on brake?

I originally was going this route for my Savage 11 FCNS in .300 WSM but changed my mind and went with Benchmark's tactical instead.

Very happy with the install (normally a $100 but because I had him taper and color match it to my barrel, it's an additional $50) from a new gunsmith I'm trying out but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Benchmark Tactical Brake - Mini.jpg
    Benchmark Tactical Brake - Mini.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 0217151724.jpg
    0217151724.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 0222151151.jpg
    0222151151.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited by a moderator:
guess i could post some pics lol

Attachments

• IMG_0748.jpg
    IMG_0748.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0749.jpg
    IMG_0749.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 136
Looks good to me ... let us know how she performs on your rig.

Hope yours turns out as good or better than this feller ...

Happy safe shooting/hunting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Witt Machine Clamp On Muzzle Brake - YouTube

Thanks for sharing Ed, I'm seriously considering this brake for my '06 TC Venture its not a super light rifle like the Savage Axis, but when you get behind it with my 208gr Amax load it's not fun anymore. Lol. I dont want to send my rifle out and its not a 300 win mag,rum, etc. So i dont need alot of reduction but some would help.

on my 308 i really have none at all now i put the break on then seen that the butt of the sps stock was hollow after removing the butt pad i filled it slam full of led shot of corse the 308s recoil is hardly there anyway i mainly just done this for a more stable gun and being able to stay on target

Thanks for sharing Ed, I'm seriously considering this brake for my '06 TC Venture its not a super light rifle like the Savage Axis, but when you get behind it with my 208gr Amax load it's not fun anymore. Lol. I dont want to send my rifle out and its not a 300 win mag,rum, etc. So i dont need alot of reduction but some would help.

You're quite welcome! I know exactly what you mean. I think it'll serve you well. I still want to give it a shot one of these days.

on my 308 i really have none at all now i put the break on then seen that the butt of the sps stock was hollow after removing the butt pad i filled it slam full of led shot of corse the 308s recoil is hardly there anyway i mainly just done this for a more stable gun and being able to stay on target

Weight is your friend when it comes to felt recoil. An effective muzzle brake reduces felt recoil and muzzle rise/fall (that's why you see them on .22 LRs esp in customized 10-22s and clones and even on air rifles) ... to see your target on impact is priceless. :Dgun)

Cheers!

Witt Machine Clamp On Muzzle Brake - YouTube

What's wrong with this picture ?

I would not recommend shooting any rifle near a windshield unless you like to drive with the wind in your face.

I have seen many windshields and tail lights shattered by the concussion of the muzzle blast.

The first time I saw a windshield blown out a friend shot across the hood of his brand new ford using a 270 Win.
He was at least 12" away from it and we had to remove a large portion of it to see through it and take it to the dealer to have it replaced.

Braked or un braked the outcome will be the same under the right conditions.

Just a warning.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.