Got my first coyote

Killing coyotes is terrible for management. Coyotes keep the population in check, killing a lot of smaller weaker deer leaving only big deer.

Just wondering was it a male and a female or two females ? You saved a lot of fawns and young and old turkeys for sure . Right now is the time to hunt these suckers they're hunting hard for pups and killing them now will generally put the pups down also . I know that sounds cruel but a full grown coyote can and will hamstring a mature deer . No telling how many fawns they truly kill

one female and the other im not sure wierd thing while ive been out ive seen 16 does and only two fawns usually see a lot more. going to head out next week again for more scouting see what happens

A very good friend of mine is a coyote killing fanatic he kills more from the middle of May to August than he does any other time of year. Mainly because they are hunting so hard to feed those hungry pups. Then once the pups get big enough to venture out he eliminates them to .

Good job, I have been trying my hand at trapping although I kill many with a rifle. they decimate our fawn population in the south. but trapping is definitely a learning experience :cool: I wont hesitate to end a deer hunt with a dog slap :D I am still trying to get hang of trapping and trap placement, but I am getting a few of them :)
yote.JPG

Good job, I have been trying my hand at trapping although I kill many with a rifle. they decimate our fawn population in the south. but trapping is definitely a learning experience :cool: I wont hesitate to end a deer hunt with a dog slap :D I am still trying to get hang of trapping and trap placement, but I am getting a few of them :) View attachment 141100
I wish more people would take your attitude! I trap also, there are lots of resources on utube about trapping. But there are so many people who will not "Ruin a hunt" to kill a coyote. I will shoot one even if I am on the trail of a big buck! Most of the people I ask say- no you can't hunt coyote, cause you gunna scare my deer! But nothing scares deer faster than getting eaten alive by a predator.
For all you people who have deer leases, what would you feel about a hunting buddy that kills 8 to 12 Fawns every year? Well that's every coyote that you have ever seen on your land before.

The first of hopefully many. Tripping the trigger on a yotee is always exciting no matter if it's the 1st or 100th.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.