Got my 7mm SAUM back!

KPK

Just got my rifle back from Jerry Newman at Newman Precision. This thing looks great! Fit and finish is perfect.
I picked it up just a couple of hours ago, so haven't had time to shoot it yet (daylight savings...sucks). Tomorrow I'm hoping I will have 30 minutes after work to get a few rounds through it. Anways...here's the specs...

Surgeon RSR WSM - 7mm SAUM
Bartlein .284 26" barrel
RAD Brake
McMillan A3 w/KMW hardware
Surgeon DBM
Jewell Trigger
Nightforce 5.5-22x50

7SAUM1.jpg

7SAUM2.jpg

That's a good looking rig. You will love the SAUM. I've have good results with the 162 Amax and H1000, I'm shooting the 180 Hybrid with 4831sc. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Jarhead, what's your recommended charge with 180 Hybrids and 4831SC? I've got both and would like to make this work!

Wildrose, Thanks! I hope it does too.

My rifle loves 62 gr of 4831sc. That is over book max, but I looked for pressure signs. The 62 gr leaves a faint ejector mark with no hard bolt lift. I would start at 57 gr and work your way up.

Really really badass rig, great chambering too. 162 A Maxes should cruise. Send it out to CO if you want me to break it in, free of charge:)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.