got me a yote while deer hunting

justramit

I was deer hunting the other morning and watching a 10 pointer that was still kinda young to take, and on the other end of my opening a big boar hog started playing in the edge of the pond. He probably weighed about 350 and had nice tusks, but I didn't want to shoot him because I was still watching that buck. Well the hog went back in the brush and then finally the deer left. After about 10 minutes the hog came back out and I picked up my 7 mag. I have been handloading 180 grain bergers for it, but I havn't got to shoot anything with them yet. Well I was puting the old crosshairs on this hog and I saw a blur take up my whole scope. Picked my head up and there was a yote about 40 yards from me running across my opening. I made a noise with my mouth and got her to stop. I tried to shoot her behind the shoulder thinking maybe it wouldn't mess her up too bad, but I hit a lil high right on the spine. Talk about a nasty hole.....Long story short....don't use 7mag and 180 bergers on a yote lol :D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.