Got busy - made a range

Hearing stories like this always take me back to the days of my youth being at my grandparents house. Playing in the creek all day or one time getting lost in the woods over night. Sled riding on the big hill in the back yard and smashing my nose on a tree branch. Shooting a 12 guage when your 5 yrs old just so your uncle can laugh at you. Eating chestnuts from on top the wood stove. Whatching HeeHaw every night not knowing then how hot all those girls were. You know all that good stuff.

Yeah and don't forget Sonny & Cher, beer cans with rivets down the side of them that you wouldn't dare try to crush against your head and huge Pontiac station wagons with jump seats in the back! I think a couple of those old Bud cans hit me in the head when Dad would pitch another empty one into the back, driving across the NYS thruway.

Man after seeing some of the work you guys put in makes me glad I have a bulldozer and brush hog.
Lol
It's very thick where I live and I have the longest range I know of of only 400 yards . Every year I do a bit more. Have two cement benches every 100 yards. Come hunting season I realize just how many friends I have or at least I tell myself that.

Found a beer can with a river.
Shep

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200404-142621~2.png
    Screenshot_20200404-142621~2.png
    471.2 KB · Views: 20
Found a beer can with a river.
Shep
They had a crimp or some type of seam running down the side of them. I tried to find a picture but was unsuccessful. I did find a 6-pack of "Billy" beer (Jimmy's Brother) if you remember those. The world was definitely a different place!

Carved mine out this winter after I got my shooting shed done. 100 yards and just shy of 300 (for now) Photo is through the spotter...

Attachments

• IMG_3698.JPG
    IMG_3698.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3700.JPG
    IMG_3700.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2884.JPG
    IMG_2884.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 16
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.