Got busy - made a range

Now more than EVER, Sir. I'm grateful (and a little spoiled) to NOT have to go to a public range to test my hand-loads. But, admittedly I'm unable to shoot past 250 yards on my property and would have to go somewhere else to scratch the Longer Range itch..:confused:

I scored an 800yd airstrip. I shoot there after my 100yd load developments. Only thing it's pretty fair weather. Can only go when it's dry. With all the rain and tiling in the fields it stays wetter longer.

I have 33 acres, so after Muddy's post, I went out back and it looks like I could comfortably get 200 yards across the back field. The limiting factor for me is some rolling terrain that would preclude getting more distance. I want to do it but I'm hesitant because my neighbors and I have spent a lot of time trying to cultivate habitat where deer feel safe on the property. Uncorking unsupressed, high powered rifles next to our food plots would probably be counterproductive. ☹️☹️

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.