Got busy - made a range

Deputy819

LRH Team Member
Now more than EVER, Sir. I’m grateful (and a little spoiled) to NOT have to go to a public range to test my hand-loads. But, admittedly I’m unable to shoot past 250 yards on my property and would have to go somewhere else to scratch the Longer Range itch..:confused:

sturner

LRH Team Member
That’s as far as I can go here but I a buddy that has one to a grand
I’m grateful I got what I have also no public ranges for me anymore

Deputy819

LRH Team Member
That’s as far as I can go here but I a buddy that has one to a grand
Nice to have a ‘buddy’ that’s got something like that for sure! The farm next to me has 500 yard capability and a guy I work with owns it and is just getting started in hand-loading. Hopefully, he’ll need some ‘help’ soon. :D

BFD Guns

I scored an 800yd airstrip. I shoot there after my 100yd load developments. Only thing it’s pretty fair weather. Can only go when it’s dry. With all the rain and tiling in the fields it stays wetter longer.

Deputy819

LRH Team Member
You got a real pretty spot too
Thank you, Sir! You can just barely see a steel target and a wooden target stand (concreted in the ground) in the photo. There’s been A LOT of deer that hit the ground in that same spot as well. Nice when you can hunt from the house sometimes, too.;)

sturner

LRH Team Member
I bet before this is done a lot of guys will have ranges at home or near home
Haven’t shot a deer but I have killed a several pigs

26Reload

If the city wouldn't mind...i could easily put a 1000 down the street in front of my place........🤥

YZ-80

I have 33 acres, so after Muddy’s post, I went out back and it looks like I could comfortably get 200 yards across the back field. The limiting factor for me is some rolling terrain that would preclude getting more distance. I want to do it but I’m hesitant because my neighbors and I have spent a lot of time trying to cultivate habitat where deer feel safe on the property. Uncorking unsupressed, high powered rifles next to our food plots would probably be counterproductive. ☹☹

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce