Got a North Dakota tag

Congrats! So did my daughter!!

North Dakota is a resident only, once in a lifetime draw. Like any hunt, you're success will be how much you put into scouting, calling landowners, and putting time in shooting. The western part of the state can be as tough as you want it to be. North central part of the state you will need to rely on landowners to get you an opportunity. My daughter made phone calls immediately after she found out and was able to get on.

Good Luck!!!

Last edited:
It is in the Kill Deer mountains. Very rugged country with many animals. The land is checkerboard. You will definitely need a GPS to know what's private and what public. Once the animals are on private, they very rarely come off. NDGF will hold an informative meeting to explain all the aspects.
Here is my dads cow in E2. Taken by Grassy Butte.

Attachments

• 589509EF-07D0-47E0-809F-54BC40276567.jpeg
    589509EF-07D0-47E0-809F-54BC40276567.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 171
Since we are transplants here from down south I don't know anybody or landowners to hunt on. I live in the Fargo area so getting out to scout is gonna be limited to almost none and prob public land only

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.