got a nice boar

stxhunter

7wgxqnb.jpg
this boar came out right as the last bit of daylight was fading away today.I had my scope set on 4.5 and this hog came out at 192 yds i figured it would maybe go 50# boy was i wrong on that one. I shot him dead center between snout and the eyes droped like sack of potatos no tracking this guy in the brush with just a flashlight i've had enough of that. he did'nt shrink but keep get bigger as i walked up to him. i think he'll go
boar001.jpg
at least 200#. then the fun started i was hunting alone but managed to get him in the back of the van without to much trouble after he was gutted
6tn6jcg.jpg

stxhunter, good shootin--looks like ham, sausage, and bacon are all on the table for Christmas!!!:)

Nice looking rifle also...

did you guys know it cost more to get a shoulder mount of a hog than of a deer over $650. think i'll get it done anyway and hang it in the living room for a while then my wife won't talk to me till i move it to my computer room and i can have some peace and queit for a little while

Nice Boar

Good lookin pig. I thought that was you! How's everything going? Heres a much smaller Pecos river pig.

I want to go fishing so bad I go coyote hunting and see bull sharks through my scope.

hunterarm009.jpg

hunterarm004.jpg

BBQ size. Felt bad, but we didn't see them when momma was blasted, so bite sized critters went straight to the grill.

I'll be going on another cow elk hunt after Cmas. Tell John I said hello!

chris you need to come down this spring or summer DR Capitan is going to sell me his donzi for 75 bills we will be able to do some serious offshore fishing me and davy slayed the ling this past summer but i have't been offshore for three months to much work. DR cap has been bugging me to go after some tuna so maybe i'll make some time soon . i like to get out your way to do some hunting next year going to hunt mule deer up around muleshoe tx next nov.the donzi has triple 250 optimaxs
blueangles009.jpg
IM000406.jpg

chris john killed a piglet that i bet only weighed 3 or 4 lbs with his bow he was really proud it was his first kill with a bow got admit it was a pretty small target at 30 yds

Thats awesome, kinda like hitting a rabbit being that small. I was thinking today that I never did call him back about the truck bed that he was asking about. Truth is right after I talked to him I called a couple places that I knew that my G dad had worked and bought parts from and they said no dice. Is he still looking for that bed?

Anywho, the offshore action would be awesome. I will be balls to the wall with school until next Dec, but then I'm dun' so the fishing and mega hunting will begin. Heck I'd love to just hang out and shoot the breeze with you guys let alone get to go fish or hunt with you. The only other person I talk to down there is Jeff.

Anyway......

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.