Got a Donor Rifle needs some ideas!

So want to make a straight bench gun and maybe get into a little BR type stuff or maybe F-Class. So I got a QMM on a single shot BAT HR action with a Bart 9 twist SS barrel with .308 neck in 7 RM in a manners T2A. I traded into it and have yet to shoot it but its pretty much a straight taper barrel on it now so not really a hunting rig and it has really low round count. I thought about working a load up with some 180 Hybrids and just shoot it strictly at 1K for fun but I don't know If I want to spend all the time to get it all shooting good just to rebarrel it. I really wanted to do a SA F class build but I got this gun with no purpose in life right now. What should I do?
Your 6mm (243 call) and 6.5 calls dominate F class. If you jump on that 6.5 Creedmoor bandwagon just be prepared to be left behind in the velocity war. My 260 Rem is 250 FPS faster than my Creedmoor with the same bullet. Same goes with the 6mm creedmoor vs 243 win.

Your 6mm (243 call) and 6.5 calls dominate F class. If you jump on that 6.5 Creedmoor bandwagon just be prepared to be left behind in the velocity war. My 260 Rem is 250 FPS faster than my Creedmoor with the same bullet. Same goes with the 6mm creedmoor vs 243 win.
Oh I know brother. I got 6.5 creed, 260, 260AI, 6 creed, 243 lol. I know what all of them are about. I am leaning into doing another bolt and doing a 260AI on this long action. My 260 like yours smokes the creedmoor concerning velocity. I got a few tac rigs that hang just fine with the F class dudes I shoot with. Was thinking about just getting a more front rest friendly stock and dropping one of my BAs into it. All my stuff is usually M40 contour anyhow only difference is usually the stocks.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.