Goosebumps. . .

NesikaChad

Few things in life charge me up as much as this rifle.

She belongs to Kyle Leibertrau, 2007 World 1000 Yard Junior Palma Champion.

Back in for a makeover and new barrel.

I love this job!

DSC_0009-4.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

It's a Palma Rifle.

nesika action
Grunig/Elmiger two stage trigger
Mark Chanlyn medium palma contour 1-12 barrel
Ian Robertson stock
Warner rear sight
My adjustable cheek hardware and buttplate assy with an Anschutz 1911 prone pad.

He won in Canada back in 07. Palma runs every four years so the next worlds are in 2011 out in either Australia or NewZeland. Not sure which.

I built this gun pro bono in 2005 for Kyle. Nesika had historically always sponsored a junior each year with a rifle. Kyle won that year. I've since taken on as the sponsor since they don't have much to do with competitive shooting anymore. (least to my knowledge, that may not be accurate)

Neat gun and its shot really well for him. Plot sheets have shown as well as a 1/3rd minute for elevation on good days.

Fun stuff.

Chad, are Palma rifles still .308's shooting small diameter 155gr bullets? I've been out of Hi-power shooting for a long time, and a lot has changed, but maybe not the international Palma rules?

The rifle looks like a real working gun. Obviously it shoots. I think it was Jack O'Conner who once said "Only accurate rifles are interesting".

Tom

Yes.

A 155 grain 30 caliber bullet is used for the international stuff.

It used to be that the Sierra was the bullet required for the individual portion and for the team events the host country would supply the ammunition. The rules are undergoing a bit of evolution right now as we speak so some of this may change.

The gun rules have loosened up as well. No more weight restrictions and the trigger weight has gone down to .5kg.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.