goose hunting on a budget?

If you really want to experience the true joy of waterfowl hunting, try to learn more about putting the birds where you want them than shooting long distances. We never shoot Canada geese or ducks unless they are totally decoyed and landing in our spread. That's the true joy of waterfowl hunting.

If you really want to experience the true joy of waterfowl hunting, try to learn more about putting the birds where you want them than shooting long distances. We never shoot Canada geese or ducks unless they are totally decoyed and landing in our spread. That's the true joy of waterfowl hunting.
I usually don't start shooting until everyone else's gun is empty. I guided for 30 seasons and can call. Not sporting for me anymore to shoot ducks and geese @40yds. But, I do shoot about 40k shotgun shells a year.

Sometimes it can be tough sledding but I'm not going to be a skybuster just because all the birds won't decoy. Even when it's tough you can still manage a few. If we went out and shot limits every single hunt, it wouldn't be much fun. To me, it really get fun when you have been hunting the same 100,000 birds for a couple of months and you can still put them in your landing zone.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.