Goodgrouper.....

Uh Oh! Now there's more gear to take hunting!

Calibration is done with a supplied tool and instructions on how to use it. Basicly, it just needs to be calibrated one time unless you beat the snot out of it. Just try and calibrate it on a day with no mirage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Shipping time was about 6 days if I remember right.

GG,

Did you have your Leupold boosted by Premeir Reticles? If so what do you think of the conversion? I have a Leupold Mk4 6.5-20x 50mm with the new TMR system and love the new reticle design but would like something in the 14.5-35 range in power for extreme range shooting.

Just curious if you purchased the scope from PR or had them convert your scope.

Would appreciate the information.

Kirby Allen(50)

Yes I did. It started life as a 6.5-20x50 long range target. Premier boosted it to 14.5-35x50 and put new erector springs in it. No custom reticle was installed because I see no need for them if you dial in your clicks with the turrets like I do.

I absolutely love the scope. I have shot it side by side with a Nightforce 5.5-22x56 at 1000 yards on similiar settings and couldn't see a difference but I do have young eyes. The Nightforce is reported to have double the resolution of a Leupy past 1000 yards, but the Leupy allows us to see chucks very well past 2000 yards! Even my uncle Brian can see the chucks at that range just fine and he has 46 (no wait, he turned 47 yesterday!!) year old eyes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I bought the scope from my Leupold rep and then sent it in to Premier. This was done about 3 months before they posted a notice on their website that they would no longer take in and retrofit scopes. Now I believe you have to buy a Leupy from PR and then they install everything before it leaves the shop.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I did. It started life as a 6.5-20x50 long range target. Premier boosted it to 14.5-35x50 and put new erector springs in it. No custom reticle was installed because I see no need for them if you dial in your clicks with the turrets like I do.

I absolutely love the scope. I have shot it side by side with a Nightforce 5.5-22x56 at 1000 yards on similiar settings and couldn't see a difference but I do have young eyes. The Nightforce is reported to have double the resolution of a Leupy past 1000 yards, but the Leupy allows us to see chucks very well past 2000 yards! Even my uncle Brian can see the chucks at that range just fine and he has 46 (no wait, he turned 47 yesterday!!) year old eyes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I bought the scope from my Leupold rep and then sent it in to Premier. This was done about 3 months before they posted a notice on their website that they would no longer take in and retrofit scopes. Now I believe you have to buy a Leupy from PR and then they install everything before it leaves the shop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Premier DOES STILL take in customer scopes for boosting, but only the 6.5-20 and 8.5-25 LR side focus scopes. Had mine done a year ago to 20-50x

From the PR Website:
"Power boosts to other fixed power, Vari X-II or Vari X-III variable scopes (except 6.5x20 & 8.5x25 LR) are NOT offered on customer scopes sent to us. This includes spotting scopes, binoculars and Mark 4 scopes."

Mine cost 225, but i believe the price is now $235

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.