Good seating press?

6pakzak

Would like to get a good press for seating, would like to be under 200.00, been using my lee challenger but I can see the ram moving around as I work the press, it used to be my only rifle press and it got me into rifle reloading and has seen some heavy use, looking for something that is more precision rather than heavy duty.

I just bought 2 micrometer Forster seating does so at this point the arbor press is not in my immediate future, anyone use that Lyman little press, it's kinda like partner but is steel

Now looking at redding boss, not big boss, 159.00 at Midway but I think if I spend that much I should get a mec, anyone know how precise the boss is, Redding makes great does so I'm thinking their presses should be good, but on other hand I see nothing but good out of mec, anyone check runout between the two?

Just watch the reloading you tube ultimate reloader and he does all of that. All the super accurate best claims get crushed with presses that have been around for 50 years. Rock Chucker was a top one and a couple others

Now looking at redding boss, not big boss, 159.00 at Midway but I think if I spend that much I should get a mec, anyone know how precise the boss is, Redding makes great does so I'm thinking their presses should be good, but on other hand I see nothing but good out of mec, anyone check runout between the two?
I don't think you can go wrong with the Redding. I have a T-7, and I love it.

I got the rebel which I'm happy with, I use it for body sizing and Jr for collet die, rounds coming out straight, worse I get on range brass or cheap brass is .003 runout good brass is usually .001 to .0015, sometimes even better, but seating with lee challenger and would like to try something different although the rebel and Jr seem to be doing a fantastic job but the Lee is tired. Maybe an arbor press is in my future but not right now, anyone actually used the boss?