good scopes

I have a Leupold VX1 3-9X40 on my 375 Ruger and it is a fine scope. Found it on sale at the local Sportsman's Warehouse for $250 out the door in silver. There are a lot of first gen variable scope (around 3X increase in power) for under $300. Leupold, Burris, Redfield, Weaver and Nikon come to mind. Just mounted a Nikon 2-7X32 on eldest son's Trapper M94 and it appears to be quality but have not shot it yet. It is not a LR scope but a lot better than iron sights.

I am curious about the Minox as it is Schott glass from Europe and assembled by Leupold in Oregon. They have some useful models but not really LR stuff last time I looked. They made some top quality cameras back in the day.

If you are stuck with $150 at the top side I would go with a Nikon as they go on sale at Midway all the time. Natchez has refurbished Nikons right now for cheap so you might save some $. I wouldn't expect the turret adjustments to be accurate or durable at this price point however. You will be stuck with set it and forget it adjustments and have to use Kentucky W & E for ranging.

KB

I got a Gameseeker III from STP on closeout just to see how it was. I sent it back. Don't know about the other gameseekers. I'd add that the Trophy XLT in the budget arena is fairly good. I'm happy with one I've had on a 22-250. I'd highly recommend you look at the Legend Ultra HD scopes. I have one and feel it's better than Prostaff, rifleman, and redfield revenge, redfield revolution and VX1. It is closer to the VX1 and revolution but I feel it's a little better. You can get the basic 3-9x40 version for around $170. Also, it has rain guard, which is a big deal if you end up hunting in a fog or rain, AND Bushnell will buy it back from you if you don't like it, no questions asked. I don't see that anyone has anything to loose by trying it. If I were you I'd spend the extra $20 and get the DOA600 reticle.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.