Good scope for Ruger 10/22?

left handed gun

Any recommendations for a scope for Ruger 10/22?

This was my first gun, given to me by my father over 40 years ago. Works well, well-preserved, but we are not talking about a high dollar target rifle.
It has the original trigger, barrel, etc. I do not plan to change anything on it.

Over the years, it has had a Weaver 4X, gotten along with iron sights, and currently, a Tasco 3x9 World Class.

I have Swarovski, Meopta, Leupold and an American made Redfield scopes on my center fire rifles.
Not looking to spend a fortune, but would like something better than the Tasco, a budget scope with only so-so light gathering and image sharpness.

When my daughter was still living at home, I gave her a 10/22, topped with a gold ring Leupold 2 x 7/ 32.
Maybe a different way to ask would be, anything better than the Leupold in the same general price range? It has a noticeably brighter, sharper image than the Tasco.

Mainly use it for plinking. and to keep a chipmunk out of my garden. I live in a rural area where so long as you are careful about your backstop, you can (and people do) shoot on their properties.

I love my 4x leupold rimfire scope used it on my squirrel rifle for years, I drags the ole 77/22 out when I get nostalgic. You can find them used for $150 ish, if you can find a Nikon monarch I own a couple of 5emm too and they're hard to beat for the price. Any fixed 4-6x should work perfectly for your intended purpose, they're cheaper than variable power scopes but if you go over 4x get one with adjustable objective so you "focus" it to remove parallax.

Thanks; good 4X should work.

This is more for chipmunk control, so they don't ruin my garden.
One popped up when I had the German Shepherds out, and they finished him off, and suddenly I am seeing fewer ruined tomatos.

I think I have a older gloss 4x leupold sitting in the safe that doesn't have a rifle. If you are interested I would give you a good price. PM me if interested and I'll send you a couple pictures of it.

Just got a CZ 457 for two of my grandkids. Looking at the Leupold Freedom 180603. Like the reticle and CDS turret and parallax free to 150 yds. Thinking they can learn to dial young and hold w/ reticle.

I think I have a older gloss 4x leupold sitting in the safe that doesn't have a rifle. If you are interested I would give you a good price. PM me if interested and I'll send you a couple pictures of it.
birddog 68,
Had a mishap while multi-tasking in our pasture where I was cleaning up a downed tree, ran over a Stihl MS 460 chainsaw with my bushhog and tore it to smithereens. It was 13 years old, but looked and ran like it was 2 years old. So my scope or any firearm related budget is a little depleted for now.

If you still have it in the fall, I might well be interested. But if you find another buyer in meantime, I understand.

birddog 68,
Had a mishap while multi-tasking in our pasture where I was cleaning up a downed tree, ran over a Stihl MS 460 chainsaw with my bushhog and tore it to smithereens. It was 13 years old, but looked and ran like it was 2 years old. So my scope or any firearm related budget is a little depleted for now.

If you still have it in the fall, I might well be interested. But if you find another buyer in meantime, I understand.
Mishaps happen and sometimes daily it seems. I haven't offered it to anyone other than you and thought it may interest you. That being said, it's probably still going to be in my safe in the fall so if you want it once you get your funds together lmk. It's not pristine so probably $125 will buy it.

My 10-22 was made in the 200th​ year of American Liberty. Thats whats stamped on the barrel and thats when I bought it. Great gun, lots of great memories. Been several scopes on it and it has wrecked them all. I understand has something to do with the bolt slamming to the receiver pin. Fixed that with a different type of pin. Not sure if relevant to you, but might save you a few $.

My 10-22 was made in the 200th year of American Liberty. Thats whats stamped on the barrel and thats when I bought it. Great gun, lots of great memories.

This was my first gun. My Dad gave it to me in summer of 1976. I'd have to check the bbl., but I don't recall seeing that. Might have been made in 1975, sold in '76. It will never be for sale during my lifetime. It had a Weaver 4X when it was new. Funny you mention, my first scope did not last.

Go on Ebay find a used Leupold either fixed or adjustable power, you can find em for $50 or less, i send it to Leupold they will fix it like new for free you pay the shipping. I have 3 that I have done this way.