Good scope for a truck gun?

243yote

I was wondering what kind of scope is good for a truck gun. One that can take a beating and not lose zero? I drive lots of miles in my truck covering ground looking for new coyote territory. I usually keep my gun next to me on the seat so it takes alot of bouncing around unloaded of course. I live in the southwest so i can drive for endless miles and not see another soul. Any suggestions? something for under 400$gun)

I dont know what kind of terrain you will encounter but I would think any good 3-9 or 4-12 would be great. $400 is a good budget to still get a great scope. Leupold is what I would recomend. I have one that I might have for sale in a couple days. I"ll PM you.

I drive all types of terrain from forrest to open plains and high mesas. Alot of old roads not used anymore but you can still see the tracks. My hunting buddy has Leupold and Burris and he never seems to worry about zero. My lastest scope was a Bushnell Trophy 3X9-40. It worked for awhile but lost zero and was not happy because i wounded 3 coyotes that day. I was also not happy with the fact that it was not clear all around sight picture at low power but would clear up at high power? Make things worse post office lost package in the mail and i am out 2 Bushnell trophy scopes. Well thanks for the info.

Leupolds are very durable and very rarely lose there zero. Did you get my PM?? I have a vari x II, 4-12 for sale if your interested.
yes i did get your pm. still doing some research on scopes out there but mainly looking for some feed back from hunters.

I have a leupold 6.5x20x50 scope that's been mounted on a 300 rum everyday of it's life except when I had a new barrel put on the rifle . I can say without a doubt that I've never seen it loose zero I have a jeep on 35's and everyone knows how ruff they ride I also last year while deere hunting travel a rocky rocky servaying trail up the side of the mtn on my four wheeler . I had painted my factory barrel and action with krylon paint(befor season) I sanded it down primed it and then painted it and by the end of the season you could see several places on my barrel were the factory stainless was shining through I was really ruff on my equipment last year. one time while walking down a steep holler both of my feet slipped out from under me ,the end of the butt stock slammed into the ground with all of my 225 pounds behind it . still no problem with loss of zero If my life depended on it I wouldn't hesitate reaching for my leupold.

Bigbuck

I have read a lot of reviews about the Nikon Buckmaster and in a majority of the reviews they praise the scopes ability to hold zero no matter what it is put through. A lot of the guys said they haven't had to re-zero their rifles in years. Also they said that getting bounced around on quads and in their pickups didn't change the zero either. The have good glass and they are very reasonable in price for the durablility. I just picked up a brand new Buckmaster in 4.5-14X40 with mil-dot reticle for $222 on Ebay. You can get a brand new in box 3-9X40 for around $145 on Ebay also.

I used a Bushnell 3200 this weekend and I really liked it.. was shooting a guys gun for him and he showed up with it... It was economical and clear.. very clear and I am spoiled.. I have high end everything.. I am somewhat a scope snob... hell my scopes are more expensive than some of my guns the rest on.. but they do shoot..

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.