Good pair of compact QUALITY binos

megastink

I'm looking for suggestions for a good pair of 10x compact quality binoculars to take bow hunting and scouting with me. I already have a 10x42 pair of Bushnells that are good, but they're big and bulky. I also have a Bushnell Legend T spotting scope. I'm trying to find something that I can slide into the pocket of a hoodie, or maybe a cargo pocket of my hunting pants. Clarity/great glass and lightweight are musts. Otherwise, I don't know what else to look for. Would like to keep it around $500 max, but open to suggestions. Thank you!

I would suggest 8x if you're looking for a true compact that fits in a coat pocket.

The best I've ever looked through were the newer zeiss victory 8x25. All around excellent glass and tiny. The bird watchers really like them too which usually says a lot about them.

I use maven b3 8x30 for what you're describing. They're small and light but don't fit in a pocket easily.

If you can find a set of the older Leupold 9x25's, they were made Leica. They fit in a pocket and very good glass. Usually find them around $250-$400.

If you can find a set of the older Leupold 9x25's, they were made Leica. They fit in a pocket and very good glass. Usually find them around $250-$400.
No kidding? I didn't know that. How long ago did Leica make make those for leupold?

The 9x25 and 10x28 IF Gold Rings were the last of the American made b'nocs...... These were not Leica made, but the older ones were.

American made ones.
IMG_2582.jpg

an idea of their size.
IMG_2595.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

Last edited:
It would have been in the late 80's, early 90's I believe. I have a set of 9x25's green armored that are wonderful.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.