Good morning from Va,

overbo

For the past 20 or so years,I've been into traditional archery and that's my 1st love.Before then(in the 70's and 80's) I was big into shooting rifles.
I've been fortunate to aquirer a few very nice bolt guns and one in paticular has sparked my interest in rifle shooting again.
Please be patient w/ me,for I'm trying to catch up w/ the 20+ years of hi-tech shooting I've missed out on.

Nice to meet you trebark,
I have a 300 win mag Bansner Sheep hunter.25'' barrel w/ brake.I'm going to reload some rounds and was going to start w/ a 200 gr Seirra Gameking bullet.I'm undecided about which powder,primers,ect,ect to use.
I bought a set of Lee dies for this rifle which has a crimping die???????????Never used one in my past reloading and don't know if there is a need for one.
As much PROVEN info would be great.
I will hunt w/ it but mostly want to just shoot the snot out it.

The game king is a nice bullet, but there are better options. Look at the 190grain VLD and the 208grain Amax. these bullets do not need to be crimped as they do not have a cannelure.

I shoot the 208 Amax in my 300RUM with devastating results.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/annual-hunting-retreat-amax-review-82434/

In terms of reloading data, I can't help much as I do not (and have not had) a 300winmag. My assumption would be that your go-to powders to work with would be H4831 and H1000. As for primers, CCI and Winchester make very consistent primers. Many will talk about Fed Match primers but I have never had great results with them.

You can find reliable data here:

308_7

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.