Good luck to the CO 2nd Season hunters!

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107796

Just giving a shout out to all the CO 2nd season hunters for safety and success on their deer and elk hunts starting on Saturday. I am hoping the fires don't diminish the quality of the hunts. I am blessed to get out to the Meeker area tomorrow for a private land elk hunt starting on Wed. Cheers all, mike

A small note on the fires... I've been on a USFS engine in northern Colorado for the past few months. Within the last week a majority of new starts have been from unattended/abandoned fires in hunting camps during a fire ban. Please do not light fires. We are in Stage 2 restrictions on the Medicine Bow/Routt. Please stop having campfires. I'm tired, I'd like a day off sometime soon.

Thanks for your service. The statewide fire restriction should be clear enough but hopefully, folks will have better hunting without a fire.

A small note on the fires... I've been on a USFS engine in northern Colorado for the past few months. Within the last week a majority of new starts have been from unattended/abandoned fires in hunting camps during a fire ban. Please do not light fires. We are in Stage 2 restrictions on the Medicine Bow/Routt. Please stop having campfires. I'm tired, I'd like a day off sometime soon.
What fire have you been working?

Just giving a shout out to all the CO 2nd season hunters for safety and success on their deer and elk hunts starting on Saturday. I am hoping the fires don't diminish the quality of the hunts. I am blessed to get out to the Meeker area tomorrow for a private land elk hunt starting on Wed. Cheers all, mike
Thank you! I am going on my first Mule deer hunt starting Saturday in the Craig, CO area. If successful, it will be the first animal taken with my new 6.5 SAUM.... I am super excited!

We're going into either area 55 or area 53, depending on the weather tomorrow. I had a report on the devide about 5 days ago and the elk were still up there. If a storm moves in, we'll go down to Crawford and hunt lower. Thanks for the thought and have a great and successful hunt.

I hunted 1st rifle in unit 7 (private land) and was successful. Lot,s of smoke from the Wyoming fires. Not a great elk season with all the smoke and high winds 60-80 mph.We only had 2 1/2 good days of hunting in a 5 day season.I had to hunt up high 10,000 feet just to find the elk herds.With no one in the forrest the elk are not moving like years past.Make sure to take good a good shot or they may keep running until they hit wyoming,there is no one out there to stop them from running. I had taken my shortest shot this year at 540 yards, I hope everyone has a successful and safe season.
Thank You
Mike
Colorado
IMG_0027.jpeg

thank you for your service shooter seven. You too Victoria/lethal-Chica. Also, to the many others on this site to whom it applies.

Got my cow elk today about 10am today! 362 yards with my Tikka 300wsm using a 175gn Booger. Bullet performed perfectly with very little loss of chow. Sorry no pix but feeling lucky we had 2 young ranch hosses to help with packing it out. Weather here in Meeker is warm and clear but will change by fri night or sat morning.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.