Good luck in the CO Draw!

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
Any thoughts or observations on how last year's fires are going to change any of your hunting areas, styles, seasons, etc? I did see something from Parks and Wildlife Circus over the winter about their predictions on elk return to the burn areas and they're painting a rosy picture ... I don't have a lot of faith in any media propaganda lately.
Sigh - they've turned me into a grumpy old man ...

Here's my 2 cents, unit 18 was cooked and was overdue for that over 30 years due to beetle kill, as we all know. I do believe that critters did not migrate far, as CPW has shown by elk collar data, and are in there but have less foliage to move thru and whatever that brings. Unless you have unit specific tag that is in these burn areas, there are so many other options including those where 18 is the code for the tag but includes, say 37, 371, etc. like my muzzleloader tag, where I am going to be hunting the unaffected Gore range in unit 37.
In short, it is a BIG state.

I drew unit 43 first rifle either sex and got a bear tag…. Looking forward to Colorado and hope everyone that got drawn has great hunts.
If that's either sex elk, now that's the Wonka ticket!

And if it's inappropriate to show hunt codes I'll delete them….I think that's all public info but didn't want to bring any unwanted attention to the area for the folks that may frequent that unit. Just let me know guys.

And if it's inappropriate to show hunt codes I'll delete them….I think that's all public info but didn't want to bring any unwanted attention to the area for the folks that may frequent that unit. Just let me know guys.
It's no issue. I wish I had more info on Pitkin county. In any case, I hope you get a few days to acclimate for God's country!