Good load gone bad?? Or at least i think so.

Are you sure you're getting all the copper out when you clean the gun? My 300 was a copper eating machine and it took a lot of patches to get it clean. Wipeout worked about the best for me.

Could be a lot of things.... any one or a combination of things mentioned. Another possibility is may you have damaged your crown and/or throat while cleaning. A good gunsmith might be able to give you an opinion on that with an inspection.

It's also possible you are not getting all the copper out when cleaning. What product are you using? Bore Tech Eliminator and Wipeout are the best. others will leave copper behind when showing white patches.

As far as cleaning solvents go I use bore tech, which has been working great for me! I am sure that i got all the copper out but i can't say I'm 100% sure that I got all the copper out. There are some times that it takes a lot longer to clean then the previous time! Could this be because of different layers of deposits? As stated previously I clean my rifle every 50 rounds. I have not inspected the crown of my rifle! That is a good possibility! I will look into it and see what I can find.

Thanks to all

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.