Good friends and backstraps

SealT5

Had dinner with some friends this weekend before the new baby arrives. Backstrap was of the mule deer variety. It was rubbed with garlic olive oil from Corning, CA. Some salt and pepper and then grilled over an apricot/hickory mix to 130 degrees internally. Small loin was over cooked for the pregnant lady. Wieners went into a pot of beans? Didn't try that dish. Not pictured was a batch of jalapeño poppers!

B8762DCE-755C-45BA-84B6-1028D3419147.jpeg
55CED98A-82CC-4116-B377-6C00AF032358.jpeg

Found a Gemsbok tenderloin hidden in the freezer. Gonna throw that on the grill tonight!

Olive pit is great. Love all their jar'd Goodies. Luceros down the road is where the best Olive oil is. My father in law and his side of the family are Chico and Corning natives. Spent a week in Redding with my family. Fires hit the following week. Destroyed everything we got to see and do pretty much

I was working in Burney and always stopped to get olive oil in Corning at the Olive Pit. Hmmm.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.