Good enough groups?

Not for me! Depends on your hunting setup

I agree. I hunt with extremely light triggers. I like my trigger so that I can just feel my finger touch it before it goes off. It's from all the years of competitive archery with triggers that you could not even feel. Having to put pressure on a trigger just causes a pull.

Steve

For a bench rest rifle perhaps ..... but that is waaaaay to light for a hunting rifle

Not for me! Depends on your hunting setup
I agree. I hunt with extremely light triggers. I like my trigger so that I can just feel my finger touch it before it goes off. It's from all the years of competitive archery with triggers that you could not even feel. Having to put pressure on a trigger just causes a pull.

Steve

Sorry guys, I can't let go of this one. I've investigated more firearms accidental discharge cases than I care to remember, have taught firearms safety for two decades and trained a lot of hunters and competition shooters. I've already pointed out my opinion on the light weight trigger for hunting, perhaps these two articles will offer sage advice worthy of your attention.

Rifle Triggers: A Weight Problem | Field & Stream

"Some of the finest shots in the world involve themselves in the CMP program and National Match competitions. For this type of competition shooters are required to have trigger weights of not less than four and a half pounds (4.5 lbs.) set on their rifles. Each rifle is carefully checked on the line for trigger weight standards prior to National level competition."
(americansniper.org)

If a trigger weight greater than a couple of ounces gets in the way of a shooter's accuracy, the answer is more trigger time not lighter triggger pull weight.

Nothing personal, but these forums are frequented by new shooters and I'd hate for one of them to leave here with the idea that its cool to shoot with light weight triggers.

To be fair I shoot a bench rest style single shot gun, I shoot from a bench and don't load the rifle or shut the bolt til I have ranged, dialed and am ready go shoot.
That way there is no danger since I don't shut the bolt til "gametime" if I had one in the chamber I would agree more weight would be nessesary

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.