good day of coyote hunting

prkrgrp

perfect day for hunting, clear skies, no wind, 20 degrees.

me and my buddy headed out saw a pile of rocks about a 1/4 mile of the road, looked at each other and said why not. pulled up short loaded up and walked in a couple hundred yards. sat down in the rocks and waited a few min. buddy started with distress rabbit, 2 or 3 calls, we wait, i see 2 white backs in the sun 500 yds out on top of the ridge, i hit the squeaker to let him know i got one coming, he lets out another distress and they both turn and come running full bore, i set up get the gun ready around 100 yds, they blow by my fire zone, I yell out they keep coming , i tell my buddy you'll have to shoot em i can't see em, he blasts 1, the other turns runs 10 feet in front of me stops, turns around and looks at me, i pull up all I see is a blur of fur i let go and down he drops. It don't get much better than that, right, well it did we jumped in the rig drove down to rock quarry walked out 200 yds. set up called in 1 more and old painless put him away.
frtriple.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts