Good Day, Bad Day.....

7mmSendaro

Today I took my 8 year old on his first upland hunt for pheasant and chukar. It was cold and blowing snow.....a great day to hunt. We went with my Dad and two good friends. My son Jared did great, shooting three pheasants and a chukar. More importantly his gun handling, shot choice and overall safety was great. He was a happy boy.

P1010010_Medium_.JPG

Now the bad part, on the way back to the trucks, my buddy fell on some ice and broke his ankle! Bad way to end a perfect morning:eek:.

Chukars are not native to Illinois. This hunt was on a preserve that stocks birds. They say the pen rasied chukars are much hardier and fly much better than pen raised quail. This club used to stock quail but quit because they tended to fly very low or not at all.

Their pheasants hunt and fly very well.

Look at the smile on his face though, that would have to ease the pain of a broken ankle considerably. (easy for me to say sitting in front of the computer I guess)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.