Good Colorado Gunsmith

Hunter5280

Can someone recommend a good gunsmith in the Denver, CO area? I want to get a muzzle brake put on my rifle, and maybe a few other things. Has anybody here used High Country Gunsmithing?

Thanks

How's about Longmont CO???

Ray Montgomery was recommended to be by Dan Lilja.

He did an outstanding job rebarreling mine. Nice work, nice bead blast, nice blue. Shoots outstanding....

If you want truly top shelf work in Colorado then Mark Chanlynn, Owner of Rocky Mountain Rifle Works in Longmont is your answer.

Best barrel maker in the world as far as I'm concerned.

Weaver Rifles, 16850 Sage Creek Rd. Peyton CO 80831 (719) 683-3024 or (719) 337-0501 To Inquire About Our Services, [email protected] HE BUILT ME A 223AI AND TURNED OUT GREAT!!

David Sullivan of West Wind Rifles does great work. I've had him do work on two rifles and the work was outstanding. He is in Erie, CO.

WEST WIND RIFLES
David S. Sullivan
640 Briggs Street
Erie, CO 80516
Phone: 303-828-3823
e-mail: [email protected]
David specializes in building long-range and national match course competitive rifles. He has been a competitive high-power shooter since 1969 and understands the shooter's needs in a rifle. In business since 1977, David worked for Krieger before starting his own shop.

As far as High Country Gunsmithing goes, I would have to give a big thumbs down. I brought a Remmy 700 to them to have a trigger job done. My rifle sat there for 4 months, and they never worked on it. I called a few times, and it was always "we should have it done ... We've had a bunch of ...". I picked my rifle up 5 months after I gave it to them, and they didn't even seem surprised that they did nothing, other than accumulate dust.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I had an appointment with High Country today and he didn't even show up. So it looks like I'm not bringing my gun to him. If anybody else has any other gunsmith suggestion please let me know. Thanks everyone.

Colorado Springs? I'd suggest Rich Reilly of High Tech Customs. He built my lightweight .340wby and I highly recommend him.

High Tech Customs
3109 N. Cascade Ave.
Suite 103
Colorado Springs, CO 80907

* From I-25, take the Fillmore exit and turn East.
* After approximately 1 mile, turn left onto Cascade.
* Go approximately 1 1/2 blocks, High Tech Customs will be on the right.
htcustoms.com

I have been to Rich Reily's shop - very impressive!!

He was my guide on my very first elk hunt - he is a character!! Very knowledgeable about building rifles & will do it right for you - give him a shout!!

Colorado Springs? I'd suggest Rich Reilly of High Tech Customs. He built my lightweight .340wby and I highly recommend him.

High Tech Customs
3109 N. Cascade Ave.
Suite 103
Colorado Springs, CO 80907

* From I-25, take the Fillmore exit and turn East.
* After approximately 1 mile, turn left onto Cascade.
* Go approximately 1 1/2 blocks, High Tech Customs will be on the right.
htcustoms.com

He's still around? I worked for him in 1999. Then I LEFT.lightbulb

Yeah Richie is quite the character all right. He really walked me through my custom and helped me with other rifles too. I could spend all day in his shop.

NesikaChad, if you don't mind may I ask why you left? You can PM me if you like

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.