Good Bye

Boyd Heaton

I am sorry to say I will not be posting on this forum any longer.It seem's "my kind" are not wanted here anymore.If anybody has any questions about the "TRUE LIFE" sport of LRH.Please feel free to e-mail me.And I will answer your question's truthfuly and honestly....Thank you.....Boyd

[ 03-13-2004: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

Good heck, is this place so catty that someone has to actually quit posting here?? Sad really. Say hi over at the groove Boyd.

DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE THIS FOURM!!!! THAT IS TOTALY UNACCEPTABLE. FOR YOU TO NOT CHIME IN ON THOUGHTS AND TECNICHES OF OTHERS BECAUSE OF A SMALL FEW OR JUST ONE IN MY THOUGHT IS AWFULL!!! I FEEL FREE AND UNABASHED IN SAYING I AM SICK OF THIS TYPE OF "YES" **** IN THIS COUNTRY!!!! IF ONE PERSON GETS IN THEIR MIND DONE WRONG THE HAVE TO CHANGE THE WORLD OR EVERYONE ELSES WORLD. "BOYD YOU STAY WHERE YOU ARE AND DON'T CHANGE FOR NO ONE! PUT YOUR FACE IN THE WIND AND YOU'LL ALWAYS SEE WHAT'S COMING. TO LOOSE SOMEONE LIKE YOU FOR THAT REASON IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME. EVEN IF I CAN EMAIL YOU. THIS IS PROBABLY THE SAME REASON I HAVEN'T BEEN HEARING FROM D.C. LATELY? YOU TWO ARE WHY I CAME ABOARD THIS FORUM AND STARTED IN THIS SPORT. THERES ALOT MORE AT STAKE HERE THAN JUST THIS FOURM. IT'S THE SAME **** THING ALL OVER THIS COUNTRY. WE NEED TO STOP CHANGING BECAUSE OF A FEW PEOPLE. IN MY LIFE I MAKE A FIST AND HOLD IT AS LONG AS I AM MAD. I LET THE PROBLEM PASS AND GO ON WITH MY LIFE BUT IF ITS A PROBLEM THAT WON'T GET OUT OF MY FACE AND IT WON'T LET "ME" HAVE MY SPACE WELL THE HELL WITH IT AND I USE THAT SAME FIST TO SOLVE MY SPACE PROBLEM!!! YOU STAY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE!
wink.gif
BUT I'M GLAD I HAVE YOUR EMAIL ANYWAY
grin.gif

[ 03-14-2004: Message edited by: jbubb ]

Ah Authority intervention to remove distasteful or disturbing things.

You can see how the right to bear arms will be difficult to hold onto in the publics eyes, when gunwoners cannnot even support free speech on their own forums.

We ban things that 'upset us personally' just like someone wants to ban guns 'because they knew someone who got shot'

tsk tsk my fellow gunowners

Karl.

To all

I feel exactly the same as Boyd feels and others here have also expressed the same feelings since the format changed.

I have been on LR hunting since the beginning 3 years ago and "if" I have helped anyone along the way I am very satisfied with that. That's the "only" reason I came on when asked by Len to do so.

Since the forum administrators have decided to eleminate the "Competition section" and also the "Ultra Long-range" section, I don't feel it is a "true combined" Longrange hunting forum any longer.

It has been a pleasure posting and I think I'm just at the age where I don't feel I want to post here any longer or take any crap from anyone who has not walked in my shoes over the past 25 plus years.

I have been longrange hunting longer then "some" here began shooting their BB guns.
I have nothing to prove to anyone and have done most everything I set out to do in the Longrange hunting fields and mountains across this country.

If any of you run into me in Colorado or Pennsylvania your welcome to set up your bigeye optics and glass the far terrain along with me. You can even shoot my rifle if you find an animal you want and we will make sure you kill the game cleanly.

I may place an ad or two here but, this forum and posting on it does not interest me any longer since it has been changed, thanks again to the administrators and owner of the site.

Good luck and good shooting to all.

Keep watching, there may be another site coming in the future which will be dedicated to "true longrange and ultra longrange hunting and competitive 1000 yard shooting."

Sincerely
Darryl Cassel
frown.gif

As an add on here---If you want to reach me for any reason, my email is either [email protected] or [email protected]

[ 03-14-2004: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Darryl and Boyd

Best wishes to both of you. Thanks for your contributions over the years. If you start a forum elsewhere you are very welcome to promote it here.

Whoops, sorry, Chris, my fault.

I meant to bring you up to date on the "moderator" thing. As part of the upcoming switch in software next month and quite a few other changes to mark our 3rd anniversary we are going to go to a co-administrator setup. No moderator titles (software willing) and just Ian, Dave and I as co-administrators. Nothing personal at all, I just forgot to email you what with all the other distractions going on lately.

Sorry.
blush.gif

Boyd and Darrel, I am truely sorry to hear all this, it just don't seem right! But becuase this is a great Nation we have choices in our life. I have been reading this site for awhile now about 2 years and it just don't seem right to not here about your 30goodling mowing down the boogielinger and so on. I have had many good belly laughs at you and Boyd's on goings. I feel you both are top noch PA! guys in my book and I hope you do get a page up and running. I'll follow!

Ohh no...
Actually, I've never met you but I believe I'll see you at Williamsport matches someday. I'll try to shoot one of your worn-out benchrest rifle this summer. I want to know what it is "like" to shoot at 1000 yards.

Oh well... "There is nothing left to say unless it is horizontally". Good luck to you and of course, I'll email you if I have some questions. Later, I'll contact 338-378 that I have some ideas for his next Point Blank project.

-Denny

[ 03-14-2004: Message edited by: Me? 338 Tomahawk :p ]

Well, Iam sick to hear of anyone leaving.
Boyd, you gave me my first "fix" for my .300 UM, and told me to use RL25 with 180gr. pills.

I wish you all well. This forum and the people here mean alot to me. I love the guys at AR, but this site has enabled me to glean sooo much information. And Iam thankful for that...sakofan..Bummer
frown.gif

[ 03-14-2004: Message edited by: sakofan ]

I also wish no one any ill will, but I will follow the 1000 yd and Ultra Range shooters into Hell if necessary. I will drop in occassionally to see what's happening, but it will not be a significant part of my life any longer.

As an aside, the Pa contingency are as great a group of guys as I have found anywhere. If they weren't proud enough to feel the slap in the face they got, they wouldn't be the men I know they are.

I just hope that LRH doesn't make the next cut to be those that would use less than .25 caliber as inhumane or suitable for hunting. And then there are those awful black guns that can support a bayanet.

We do not need division among our shrinking ranks and I do not appreciate the smallness that caused this divide.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.