Good binocular harness? What's everyone using?

I've been using the badlands for years, last year I got some new Vortex UHD 12x50 and needed a tall case. I went back to badlands. I got the D-mag, the fit is great with the shelf take out. It also holds my Sig p220 45acp. The one modification I'll be making is something to hold the bottom flap closed, the weight of the Binoculars keep opening it.
81ED9091-9D05-4B6E-9BB9-2226CE7288E2.jpeg
F333FE7F-AC1C-4B6A-AF78-3D1697E540AE.jpeg

I have the new closed side Marsupial gear and it is great. Tried several Badlands, the Hill people chest, and others. No comparison, Marsupial hands down. I have both side pockets for range finder and the small on the left. I wish the small was slightly larger to take ammo just a little better otherwise it is spot on. Oh, the new cell phone shoulder pouch is really great too. I use that often on my Kifaru 22mag left side with the gun bearer right. All that stuff really makes a difference on having everything at the ready but out of the way if that makes sense.

+1 for Marsupial Gear. Quality made in USA, lots of accessories available to customize your pack for your needs.
The original is light & streamlined fit.

Last edited:
Marsupial will NOT work with Porro Prism style binoculars....

Original poster was asking about Steiner 8x56 Porro prism.

Its the old style with offset lenses.

BUT they offer some of best low-light performance on the market vs. PRICE point.

$749 for a binoc that will outperform $2500 Swarovski or Zeiss in low-light is the advantage....but huge size is Disadvantage.

I have an 8x56 Steiner ShadowQuest in-bound and I want something other than a neck sling for them. I also have some other binoculars that are more mainstream 7x42's that would probably see some harness use as well.

Looking online, especially on Amazon, there is a huge number of options that make choosing something 'good' a challenge. I'm thinking about something with one of the 'buckets' that has a lid to cover the bins so they don't get wet or dusty.

So far, the Kuiu bino harness seems to be one of the better options but, it is $100 so I want to consider other options and solicit feedback for what works well and what does not before I spend that much money on one.

TIA,
Sid
Check out the Eberlestock nose gunner I like mine extra pockets as well quick access to your binos yet they are completely protected
image.jpg

I have and AGC, and love it! Mine has the rangefinder and lower pocket.

I always have this on when hunting, even in camp or driving around. This gives me a spot to always have a light knife like the gerber vital. I got away from belt sheaths/pockets for comfort when carrying a pack. I have my optics, range finder, and ability to dress an animal if one runs across the road and I don't grab my pack due to rushing to get on something we see.

I have also used it as a rest from shooting prone when nothing else was available.