Good Berger Hybrid for 300 WSM?????

jraulsten

Looking for a good bullet/powder combo for a factory 300 WSM. I'm limited to SAAMI COL but I expect the gun to shoot fairly decent since it is a Nosler M48 Custom. Supposedly has a PacNor barrel and Timney trigger I believe.......

Purpose?
Target, hunting, varmints, big game, steel, short range, mid range, long range
Is there a style of bullet you prefer? Mono, cup/core, bonded....

What do you have on hand ? Or are you relying on finding components right now?

Got in a hurry and wasn't very specific.....I'm really looking specifically for something like a Berger Hybrid that won't be jump sensitive like the VLDs. 168 to maybe 190 or so? Mostly be used for deer to elk sized game (and hogs) and long range steel practice. I just can't get the coppers to shoot like I want. I have some 190 VLDs but have access to almost anything else, just wanted to find out what Bergers people have had the best luck with since I haven't tried them yet.
I have ADG brass, CCI 250s, 200s and BR2s, and RL17, H4350, H4831SC, H1000, etc.

Looking for a good bullet/powder combo for a factory 300 WSM. I'm limited to SAAMI COL but I expect the gun to shoot fairly decent since it is a Nosler M48 Custom. Supposedly has a PacNor barrel and Timney trigger I believe.......
I shoot Berger 215s on mine. 2850 FPS with RL-17. If you can get them, you're golden. If not 200s, 205s, 208s are excellent subs.

Last edited:
Friend had a 23" Browning A-bolt in 300 WSM. He wanted a heavy high BC bullet. Made a load with 230 Berger Hybrid Target and RL-17. Got an accurate 2735 with 61 gr.(your results may vary work up carefully)

The amazing part was the bullet had to be seated deeply to fit and feed from his 2.8" magazine. Joked the base was sitting on the flash hole.

I watched him drop a cow elk at three hundred yards with authority. Exit with a 3/4" dia hole.

What worked really great in both of the 300WSMs I used to have was IMR4350 and the Berger 190 VLD Hunting bullet. Super easy to find an accurate load.

70FABAB1-01A1-42A5-8A4C-FD95F408D3F1.jpeg

It should shoot good. I bought a rifle from Nosler when they first started making them and it's one of the most accurate rifles I own. Only downside to them is the short mag length but you already know that! I have some 205 eh I would sell if you want to try them.