Good, bad, or scam?

Right with you good sir.
My post Comrade Kllinton days policy was and still is NEVER leave a store that sells reloading components or ammo empty handed AND go to a store that sells reloading components at least 2x monthly.
NEVER bought OL less than 5k primers and 5lbs of any powder at a time.
Bought components at a 5-6x/1 VS ammo, and only ammo that was cheap enough, but did walk into my local Cabela's a 2-3 YO back when they literally had pallets of USA made Herters 115/9mm for I THINK under $8/50 or under $175/1k OTD and bought an insane amount. Called all my buddies and who unlike me DID NOT reload and told them get to Cabela's ASAP and buy all the 9mm you can afford and bunches you can't.
They replied ammo is so plentiful there's no need. I said don't come bugging me for PPP (Pre Panic Prices) ammo when the next shortage hits. Same thing when Wolf Gold 223 was IIRC $270-$280/1k W/tax&S&H.
Again my friends dismissed my urgings to max out stocking up as long as the price was this low as the urgings of one who worries to much.

Sure enough during this last ammo shortage more than a few friends came looking to get 9mm and 223 at what I paid for it and I said I warned you don't come to me thinking you're gonna get ammo at PPP and were quite upset when I said I sell some but not at a loss but at 70% of what it would be the lowest cost anywhere for brass cased ammo right now WITHOUT shipping and taxes giving them the best price anywhere they were likely to get for God only knows how long and at least a 30% discount if they bought it from a retailer.
I had the same buddy's begging for primers and powder multiple times. I finally blew up. I told you have been reloading for many years and you don't keep stock !?! Do you just buy a flat of 100 primers at at time until run out . Buy a pound of powder at a time until it runs out ? After 3rd time I said I'm done. Wise up and stock up ! I don't have time for people that think that way that are older than me 🙄

Right with you good sir.
My post Comrade Kllinton days policy was and still is NEVER leave a store that sells reloading components or ammo empty handed AND go to a store that sells reloading components at least 2x monthly.
NEVER bought OL less than 5k primers and 5lbs of any powder at a time.
Bought components at a 5-6x/1 VS ammo, and only ammo that was cheap enough, but did walk into my local Cabela's a 2-3 YO back when they literally had pallets of USA made Herters 115/9mm for I THINK under $8/50 or under $175/1k OTD and bought an insane amount. Called all my buddies and who unlike me DID NOT reload and told them get to Cabela's ASAP and buy all the 9mm you can afford and bunches you can't.
They replied ammo is so plentiful there's no need. I said don't come bugging me for PPP (Pre Panic Prices) ammo when the next shortage hits. Same thing when Wolf Gold 223 was IIRC $270-$280/1k W/tax&S&H.
Again my friends dismissed my urgings to max out stocking up as long as the price was this low as the urgings of one who worries to much.

Sure enough during this last ammo shortage more than a few friends came looking to get 9mm and 223 at what I paid for it and I said I warned you don't come to me thinking you're gonna get ammo at PPP and were quite upset when I said I sell some but not at a loss but at 70% of what it would be the lowest cost anywhere for brass cased ammo right now WITHOUT shipping and taxes giving them the best price anywhere they were likely to get for God only knows how long and at least a 30% discount if they bought it from a retailer.
They didn't think you were serious did they ? lol