Good article on why everyone either loves or hates the 6.5cr

It's a great round in general not just on paper. I never brought up paper. I'm talking real world shooting and results.

I have made this offer to 8 folks I think on this site, and I'm jus using this for perspective, I'm not throwing the gauntlet down

"I have access up to 1 mile of shooting range while the crops are out, load up your high dollar stuff ( Needmoor in this particular instance) and head this way and I'll let you pick which rifle you want me to shoot ( I have 3ea ) 2 with Bushnell Forge's and one with a Bushnell Nitro ( all second hand stuff ) 308, 25-06AI and 270 respectfully, You set the gong wherever you want it past 500 yards, No Kestrel's, No Rangefinders and No Ballistic app of any kind, No spotters you call your own wind and then see who gets on steel first, and then we will see how much better the Needmoor is, I doubt that it will give any advantage I'll even switch to my Old SWFA straight 10X if it will make you feel any better, Indianapolis is the closest airport if you want to fly in, I'll pick you up there"

The 6.5 CM is inferior by over 100 fps to
the venerable 6.5x55 SE ( aka sic ' 6.5 Swedish
Mauser' ). Likewise the newer .260 Remington
has up to 300 fps in factory loads over the 6.5 CM.

Long and short of it: The Creedmoor has benefitted
from an incredible public relations effort by Hornady,
which has managed to obscured the marked
benefits of the older two 6 1/2 cartridges!

Once you wade through all the bally-hoo...
It is instructive to find the Norma video showing
a watermelon shot at a range of one kilometer using
Norma factory ammunition, 143-grain Bondstrike
at 2,723 fps.

DoD tests found the .260 to be as accurate as the 6.5 CM.

'Doc' Dempster

My favorite thing about the creed is it's ability to generate these discussions. I have been a 260 lover since it showed up. I love the 6.5 creed because it is the 260 with more components. For a guy like me that hunts 60% of the time with shots no longer than 400 yards available, most all of the 50 to 60 grain cap. cases are fantastic. Fun and easy to shoot well, effective on game with good bullets, and as accurate as the platform and load development. They are all wonderful. If used for what is suited for, there is nothing not to like about the 6.5 Creed.
I agree100%

Wait, Subaru's are hated? Here I've been hating Prius' and I've been doing it wrong, apparently. Oh well, finding Prius' way back in the sticks of Death Valley where they have no business being still gives me reason to dislike them.

Have a 6.5CM upper built with top end components. Realized that I wasn't too interested in reloading for an autoloader so I should sell it off. I need to see if i can find the receipts so that a buyer will know what's there. As I've other bits for the caliber and a spare bare Savage SA........ no man-bun, but something in it's range seems like a reasonable selection for Metallic Silhouettes. And if it proves not to be then I'll hang a 7-08 barrel on that action and shoot the same caliber as almost everyone else at our range (one guy insists on burning the throat ut of his .257 WBY).

Only my opinion. I like shooting my AR15, so my 6.5 is a Grendel. For this forum in Long Range Hunting, I think I'm going with a .300 something in my bolt gun every time. I don't hate the creedmore, but I don't own one and not going to buy one. I'm certain if I were given one from any source that I would shoot it with pleasure and might even buy some dies for it.

I have made this offer to 8 folks I think on this site, and I'm jus using this for perspective, I'm not throwing the gauntlet down

"I have access up to 1 mile of shooting range while the crops are out, load up your high dollar stuff ( Needmoor in this particular instance) and head this way and I'll let you pick which rifle you want me to shoot ( I have 3ea ) 2 with Bushnell Forge's and one with a Bushnell Nitro ( all second hand stuff ) 308, 25-06AI and 270 respectfully, You set the gong wherever you want it past 500 yards, No Kestrel's, No Rangefinders and No Ballistic app of any kind, No spotters you call your own wind and then see who gets on steel first, and then we will see how much better the Needmoor is, I doubt that it will give any advantage I'll even switch to my Old SWFA straight 10X if it will make you feel any better, Indianapolis is the closest airport if you want to fly in, I'll pick you up there"
😂😂😂 No rangefinder, no Kestrel, no wind meter. And a 308 and a 270. Man am I going back in time or what.

I'm just glad that all the idiots from years ago that touted that the 6.5 "needmore" could do anything a 300 Win Mag could do have all disappeared. It was extremely well marketed and imho, that is its only advantage. If the 260 Rem had been given a better name and marketed even partially as well, there would be no cm. ;)
300win-vs-needmore.jpeg

it's got it's niche and following, so I say enjoy it although it's not for me. if it was never introduced I doubt there would have been less game takin and targets hit. I'll stick with my 22, 308, 30-06 and 338 AX.

Anyone who "hates" on the CM obviously knows squat about guns or shootin. Otherwise they would just say, "Hey not a bad round for what it is." AND hipsters with man buns don't shoot Creedmoors. As a matter of fact, they are more than likely the ones signing petitions to take your gun rights from you. So, stop hating on the CM shooter and welcome him for what he is, your brother.

The 6.5 CM is inferior by over 100 fps to
the venerable 6.5x55 SE ( aka sic ' 6.5 Swedish
Mauser' ). Likewise the newer .260 Remington
has up to 300 fps in factory loads over the 6.5 CM.

Long and short of it: The Creedmoor has benefitted
from an incredible public relations effort by Hornady,
which has managed to obscured the marked
benefits of the older two 6 1/2 cartridges!

Once you wade through all the bally-hoo...
It is instructive to find the Norma video showing
a watermelon shot at a range of one kilometer using
Norma factory ammunition, 143-grain Bondstrike
at 2,723 fps.

DoD tests found the .260 to be as accurate as the 6.5 CM.

'Doc' Dempster
What??? The 260 is the ballistic equivalent of the 6.5 Creedmoor. It's not 300fps faster. The Swede in a modern LONG action is 100fps faster than the Creedmoor. But why choose the Swede when you got the 6.5x284? Good luck finding factory ammo for the Swede that is 100fps faster than the Creedmoor and you'll never find the unicorn 300fps faster 260 ammunition lol. You guys are too much.

Anyone who "hates" on the CM obviously knows squat about guns or shootin. Otherwise they would just say, "Hey not a bad round for what it is." AND hipsters with man buns don't shoot Creedmoors. As a matter of fact, they are more than likely the ones signing petitions to take your gun rights from you. So, stop hating on the CM shooter and welcome him for what he is, your brother.
Thank you for using some logic and not breathing through your mouth.

I have a question for all the macho men on here: I actually quite enjoy lattes (and black coffee, and tea sometimes, not too proud for hot chocolate if it's cold out, to be honest there's not too many drinks I'd have a problem with, life's easier when you're not picky)...but I don't have a creedmoor. My primary hunting gun is a .300 win mag Im very fond of followed by my first ballistic love, the .270. Is a guy allowed to drink lattes and shoot a .300 win mag? Will the universe start acting all out of whack?🤪🤣😝😃