Golfers Are The Reason We Do This

Muddyboots

5DE14088-0007-4892-A9CC-85EEC78B329D.jpeg

I played golf with a work colleague in a social scramble that name each golf ball on tee with somebody he didn't care for so he could "smash" the crap out them!

I played golf 3 times. The first time was at Norton, Air Force Base in 1970. My room-mate, Ward Conger, and Tony Vlach, both C-141 pilots, asked me to play with them. I was a complete rookie. I thought we were supposed to have fun.......... so, I guess I was a "Hey, batter, batter" kind of guy. Ward didn't care, but Tony was a serious golfer, and was OFFENDED! I just blew him off, and eventually parred the 18th hole. Tony was so P*$$ed he wouldn't talk to me for two weeks. The next two times I played didn't go much better, so I decided to concentrate on slipping the surley bonds of earth and concentrate on flying. I also tried to perfect my standard meal of rib steaks, artichokes, and corn on the cob. I don't miss the golf part.

I find shooting and golf similar in that each is an individual challenge of my own abilities. Practice, practice, practice to get better. Spend a LOT of money on equipment and disposables (golf balls vs shooting components). I find it a worthwhile endeavor that gives me a little exercise while doing it.
And to borrow a VERY IMPORTANT aspect posted above by LuvDog, "a good way to socialize and day drink." Hard to argue with any of that!!!