Golf Ball at 300 yards ?

Barbour Creek shoots them all the time at 1000 yds. Check it out in the link below.

1606534141010.png

Pure luck - I once had a .17 Rem and placed some kind of golf ball at 300 meters on top of a wad of wet paper. I hit the golf ball and saw is fly straight up, probably 50-60 feet. This was the first round thru that rifle in about 1 year.

Before, when stray golf balls were easy to find, I suspended them from fish line by drilling a hole thru the golf ball & threading the line thru the hole and shot at them at 300 yards and more. Now, I buy cheapo hard candy targets with cellophane wrappers, staple them to target boards s at 100, 200 & 300 yards. The candies are about 1.25 in diameter and I get about a 30% hit rate at 300 using a .22-250 with my Weaver T24 having a 1/8 MOA dot reticle. The tiny little dot fits good inside the white peppermint candy with red stripes on edges. The candy is biodegradable and the pieces made the ants happy (sugar high).

We used to shoot clays at 500 & 600 yards on Bu LM land but the locals saw the orange fragments and got mad at us - they didn't care that the clays were biodegradable.

I use to go to a golf ball shoot and it was fun. They were set on golf tees that were placed into drilled holes on a 2x4 so they were steady. You were given 5 golf balls to shoot at 300 yards with one being orange which was a point multiplier if you hit it. If you hit a tee and the other golf balls came off you lose the shots at them so you had to actually hit the ball square. And yes they did sometimes "explode" rubber bands everywhere! Heck this was probably 25 years ago! A lot cleaner than egg shoots! Hard to beat the 22-250 or 220 Swift guys back then.

I told my wife about your golf ball shoot and she said, let's set it up, me and my 7mm-08 against you and your 7mm-08. I just got challenged, and she will provably beat me LOL.

Thanks for sharing and hope you and your lady are doing good.

When I was a caddie, we used to collect the smilers that slashes would make. Good golf balls like Hogan and Titleist had bulatta material on the outside. We'd cut it off, then bounce the rubber band ball in the parking lot. It'd often take off like the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Tunes, unwinding itself along the way.

Anyone actually tried this? I'm curious what the ball looks like after.

View attachment 228344View attachment 228345
Definitely not what a golf ball looks like after being shot
Better than that
Try a chicken egg in a zipper bag
Hanging from anything 6 feet off the ground
A hummingbird feeder stand works great for hanging the bag from
Just the push in the ground type

sierrracharlie338, just be a good daddy
She's already got a 10/22 with a red dot and a custom 222 being built but Santa might need to bring one of those along 😉

My wheels are turning for a fun rimfire shoot with golfballs and candies. We dont have much for long range venues in Ga. We have plenty of pasture land in the area, but too many houses to play with high power stuff safely . 17hmr and 22lr stuff would be relatively safe and crazy challenging at distances over 150yds . Great for slicing into the wind and humbling cocky kids, lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.