Going with Accubonds

Doing a quick search I found some ABLR but nothing on regular AB, could you provide the webpage. I am interested. Thanks
If you go to the online Applied Ballistics calculator they are in that or I just us Applied Ballistics mobile or tool box, they are significantly lower than published that's why they stop opening WAY earlier than many think!!

If you go to the online Applied Ballistics calculator they are in that or I just us Applied Ballistics mobile or tool box, they are significantly lower than published that's why they stop opening WAY earlier than many think!!
I've never see a problem with the regular Accubond's BC... The Accubond Long Range BC's were high when they first came out, but they corrected those a long time ago! They use Doppler radar BC done by an independent lab now, and I find they are usually very close.
That being said... ALWAYS shoot to verify! Every barrel, rifle, and caliber is different!

when they first came out I bought more then a few 140's for my 270 win, reloaded them up an went to the range they shot Fantastic, and I traded 2 of my buddys some to try , three 270's took deer that hunting season ,but the bullets were to explosive inside of 200 yds,so we quit using them for hunting, years later talking to my/self I desided to try a test with them so same rifle and same formula of reload off to the range I went , starting at 400 yds I could dig out the bullets a look at expansion and retained weight, I increased range by 100 yds per jump till I was at range max of 625 , the results were Progressley better , very nice mushrooms with a good shank of bullet shaft behind them, you know almost like a Barnes bullet pun intended ,lol, don't get me wrong i'm a Nosler fan but I think their Accubonds could be bonded better, and they act to/Much like their Ballistic/tips , which are just as accurate , while i'm talking Nosler their Partitions are crazy accurate shot the 160's out of my STW to 1,000 yds on paper priyer to an Elk hunt, sub moa Easy and more then half grouped into my fist size on same target. Nobody buys my bullets but me ,no free/bee's just letting you know, we live in a Golden /age and we pay 2 play dearly , so whats wrong for wanting better ?. if we Don't ask we will not GET. Cheers .

I've never see a problem with the regular Accubond's BC... The Accubond Long Range BC's were high when they first came out, but they corrected those a long time ago! They use Doppler radar BC done by an independent lab now, and I find they are usually very close.
That being said... ALWAYS shoot to verify! Every barrel, rifle, and caliber is different!
They are way of, the 160 gr in 7mm is listed at .532 G1 but it's really .462 G1. This really messed with me when I started into long range before Litz was testing, I started with Accubonds till I very quickly out ranged their function!

Yes. I'd go with the 150g ABLR. Bought some for my 7mm RM a few days ago.

Been using my 7mm RM for elk since 1982, FWTW.

[Edit to correct.]
Never mind. I checked and had purchased 142g ABLR for my 6.5's, not the 150g ABLR for my 7mm RM. Still plan to get a box of them, though.
[End edit]

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.