going to the shop

Gator26

Hey guys im looking at sending my rifle off to a shop to get some work , never done this befor so what kind of paper work is needed? if any or do i just ship it with insurance and then wait.?????????????????????????

You can send a long gun straight to a gunsmith, and he can send it straight back to you.

This would be different with any transfer of ownership.
For instance, if your buying a long gun from an individual or gun maker or gunsmith, they must send the gun to your chosen dealer -for transfer.
The 'gun' bound by this example, is the action. It is serialized and tracked with each transfer. No other part of the gun matters at all. They are just parts.

Few in shipping understand this, and I have had best luck shipping with the good ole US Post Office. But not until teaching the Post Master how to do her job.
This is something that varies from town to town, and you might want to breeze over the requirements available at their website before walking in there with a firearm in hand.

Thanks alot thats what i was wondering if it was the same as buying a gun or not. hope it all goes smooth

Gator:
You can ship and receive your rifle in the US Mail or UPS. I'm not sure you have to disclose that the package is a rifle. Be sure to insure it.

The last time I shipped my gun I let the US Postal service know it was a rifle and they did not seem to care what it was. I just made sure I had it insured.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts