Going on first Prairie Dog hunt 2012

i think you mean Pierre. Good place to start from it is in the middle of the state. Only 100 miles south of me. You can pretty much throw a rock in any direction and be coverd up in the pdogs

Hey Ricky,

I am planning my first p dog hunt for this spring. I am just south of you close to Knoxxville. I amconsiderind SD. Had a stroke a year ago and while still weak, I can still shoot with a scope. Will take .22, 22-250 and .223. I have got to get my reloading going soon. Don't want to wast me .223 oh **** rounds, may need them :)

My local police dept wanted new sniper guns and I got a bull barell AR right. Dang thing shoots as tight as my bull barrel single shot number 1 ruger. .22 for close shots or money shots.
Keep in touch.

Joe

Here is a list of things that I figured out would be nice to have on a Prairie Dog trip.
More than one rifle
sunscreen
ear plugs
a wide brimmed or boonie hat
gun cleaning equipment
spotting scope, binoculars
range finder, would be a nice convienence
plenty of water
a backpack
camera
some paper plates & markers to make a sign, in case you join the Varmint Hunters Association & want to try for the down range club :), btw, you will need atleast one witness that is also a member of the VHA
As someone else stated you can spend as much money & time on this as you want.

Have fun!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.