Going on an Axis Deer hunt next week - question

I'd do the 140 nosler. All will work but I like the nosler. Be real reason just do. Yes shoot in same spot as whitetail.
Go just behind the shoulder. Not ideal to stop it fast but that meat is great. Right behind the should they will bleed good and not go far. Plus you save all the should meat.

Talked to a buddy who guides on a ranch in the hill country he said their herd was not hurt to much during the freeze he also said they fed three times a day for that week not feeders but trailers being dumped along roads he said he saw animals coming out he had never seen on the property before so hopefully the ranch you are going to hunt did the same
I hope so!

Axis originate from India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka
I'm not ra-tard... shot plenty. Know the species. Understand geography. Here's an Axis doe, in snow, on my property...

Attachments

• A86591D9-28D6-455D-BAA7-90AB8768649A.jpeg
    A86591D9-28D6-455D-BAA7-90AB8768649A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 124
Aloha Jeffery

I've killed hundreds of axis maybe a thousand or more in my lifetime. Center punch the shoulder about a third of the way up you'll be golden. I'd opt for either of the 140's if your rifle shoots them the same. Goodluck on your hunt, axis is the best venison I've had.

Hunt update - while I had a great time, we didn't see any axis. The ranch was full of White Tail and we saw tons of Turkey, but none of us saw Axis. The game cameras showed lots of them but they were out late feeding. I believe the full moon didn't help. It was still a great time. Hoping for better luck next time.

Hello everyone.
I am going on an Axis deer hunt next week. (Texas). It will be my first Axis hunt. Should my bullet selection and shot placement be the same as shooting a white tail?

I will be using my 6.5 CM Tikka T3x Lite. What ammo would you guys use? I have Win Deer Season xp 125 gr., Core-Lokt 140 gr , and Nosler BT 140 gr.

The shot will likely be 150 yards or less and my Tikka shots all of these rounds pretty much the same. Any advice would be appreciated.
Any of those will work just fine. Good luck. Some of the best venison there is.