Going Insane!?

del2les

1609124718388.png
Going Insane!?

Lol.
I got hosed locally and paid a hundred for the same stuff in Magnum two weeks ago.
I need large rifle bench rest, but I don't need em for what their bringing.
A gun/smoke shop a few miles away has tripled normal prices for 100 count boxes.
He said it's "supply and demand"
I told him it was theft, way past deniable plausibility. LMFAO
I started walking out, he asked what he was supposed to do with the other components that I laid on the counter.
I told him he could put them back.
Shop local- I don't think so.
Graff's and Sons will have my delivery here any day

I don't shoot a lot these days but back when I did it often struck me as ridiculous that a single centerfire primer could cost more than a loaded 22lr cartridge. Supply and demand my @**!!! And that was like 5-10 years ago. This is straight up absurd. But as has been pointed out elsewhere, you can't cry about greed on an auction site...but you can cry about collective stupidity in the general population!

I found a Savage LRH in .300 PRC. A south paw.
Marked at a fair price. I selected it and the price almost doubled when it went to my cart.
I hit return on the iPad and the price was the new " jacked" version.
I only wanted it for the action and thought the new style stock would do for now.
My kid will get a custom action before I pay the new COVID price, FFS
But there are still people out there with good intentions.
I've recently traded powder for primers...
pound for thousand type of fair trade.
And both are members here.
Thanks boys

That is why when you find a shop that is not taking your retirement for components you need to support them over online even if a few dollars more. They need to be rewarded with our loyalty as much as theirs to us for not jacking prices. I've got 2 shops within 2 hour drive that I will spend gas, time and few dollars more because they refuse to jack prices. Any online site or brick mortar store that is jacking prices will never see another dime from me. I will drive hours to not do business with them.

I just saw a few boxes of black talon ammo listed for 100$ per box on here....

Interesting, I just gave my LGS 2 boxes of Black Talon ammo for free. (44mag & 40 S&W IIRC) It had been in my inventory, along with some old collectable stuff, for too long.
In this crazy Covid era there is plenty of time to clean out closets, cabinets, garages and every place else.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts