Going against the grain

I was just in Wyoming PD hunting and a friend had more than 300 7-08 that he would sell for cheap. He sold his rifle. PM me

I think that they were either 140 or 139 grain like these.

7mm .284 Diameter 139 Grain Boat Tail Spire Point With Cannelure 100 Count
003-2825 | Hornady
Are you talking 300 rifles or 300 bullets he has/had? If you're talking rifles the 1 I'm doing is an AR. If you're talking bullets I'm going to wait for the barrel to come in 1st. Still, let me know which?
Thanks

Are you talking 300 rifles or 300 bullets he has/had? If you're talking rifles the 1 I'm doing is an AR. If you're talking bullets I'm going to wait for the barrel to come in 1st. Still, let me know which?
Thanks
probably 300 or more loaded rounds in a bag. He has all the dies. I was looking at them on his reloading bench and we had a discussion on the value of the 308 case variants. We both think that the 260 rem is probably the best and I almost built a 260 ar10. But the problem was hard to find a quality stainless barrel. I'm also a 243 person, so I thought about 243 ar10 barrel. but I already have a tack drive 26 inch and a 24 rem 700's.

I put together a 20" ar10 last year in 243. I glove that thing
I have a 243win also, but haven't shot it much due to needing some adjustments. It's popping primers and has a very short throat that jams factory ammo into the lands by just a little (Rem cor-loc 100gr). I do have a uni-throater for it and will be adding more leed to it. I plan on using Sierra 90gr fmj's, but throat is short by 30 thou or so and that just touching. I'll probably add 60-75 thou to what it is right now. What bullets do/are you using and what oal is it? I also plan on shooting Barnes 112MB's. This is a 22" 8 twist barrel I think from Bear Creek?

I am using 100 corlok's I would have to go check my notes on oal. My barrel came from Moriarti. Once I figured out the gas problem it runs like a champ and very accurate, I have run it out to 600yds several times. I know several friends who have gotten their uppers from bearcreek and they all have been pleased