God sees it all

Mmac52280

Some 6 years ago, I installed a new HVAC system for a retired war veteran. The VFW was suppose to pay me, agreed to price in advance. They backed out of half the debt, and I refused to accept payment from him, I called it a gift. He was absolutely blameless, and I continued helping him until he passed last year.
Well 6 months after, he gave me a gift, an old 870 pump, and a Plano tote (40 gallons?) and two 5 gallon buckets of reloading supplies. I couldn't refuse him. 6 years later, I was going through what was there.....near impossible to find Varget powder, 2000 small pistol primers, 2000 large pistol primers, 1000 small rifle primers. all Winchester. An almost unused Lee press, dies, and more. I never looked until yesterday.

God sees it all.

Some 6 years ago, I installed a new HVAC system for a retired war veteran. The VFW was suppose to pay me, agreed to price in advance. They backed out of half the debt, and I refused to accept payment from him, I called it a gift. He was absolutely blameless, and I continued helping him until he passed last year.
Well 6 months after, he gave me a gift, an old 870 pump, and a Plano tote (40 gallons?) and two 5 gallon buckets of reloading supplies. I couldn't refuse him. 6 years later, I was going through what was there.....near impossible to find Varget powder, 2000 small pistol primers, 2000 large pistol primers, 1000 small rifle primers. all Winchester. An almost unused Lee press, dies, and more. I never looked until yesterday.

God sees it all.
Well ! God takes care of those who takes care of others ! ! !

That was good for my heart to read that. I've been on 24 hour where they are all cussing each other out about the football game. It.s nice to read a good story. about good people with a good ending!
Aww, shucks. It just hit me hard yesterday. That stuff sat there for 6 years. I know I would not have seen the value then as I do today. God did...

God sees it all.
Call it God or "The Universe" kindness always seems to come back around paying dividends.

Random acts of kindness often result in surprising outcomes.

Might I suggest a new thread?

Our kids....
doesn't have to be only hunting....

Great suggestion!

This has been dormant for a month or so, but I'm sure there are more memories for guys to add, now that most seasons have concluded for 2021. It was always meant to be a great place to laugh and smile.

God sees it all.
I appreciate you taking the time to post this and did me good to read cause after you help enough pple you almost get cynical n wonder if it's worth it because after a while you start to get the feeling that you being taken advantage of all the time

I appreciate you taking the time to post this and did me good to read cause after you help enough pple you almost get cynical n wonder if it's worth it because after a while you start to get the feeling that you being taken advantage of all the time
That does happen a lot.I try to see it at a test?
Still, my oldest daughter at the ripe old age of 3, asked me a question I've never forgotten. "Why is it wrong for kids to lie, but it's okay for adults?" Busted. Big time.
I told her she was right, and I changed how I lived my life. I realized kids copy what they see, so it became imperative to lead by example. I have 3 girls, now all grown up, and one has knocked out a man who thought it was okay to put his hands on her.
She stands 5' 1" and less than 100 lbs. He was 6' 1" But that's another story....

That does happen a lot.I try to see it at a test?
Still, my oldest daughter at the ripe old age of 3, asked me a question I've never forgotten. "Why is it wrong for kids to lie, but it's okay for adults?" Busted. Big time.
I told her she was right, and I changed how I lived my life. I realized kids copy what they see, so it became imperative to lead by example. I have 3 girls, now all grown up, and one has knocked out a man who thought it was okay to put his hands on her.
She stands 5' 1" and less than 100 lbs. He was 6' 1" But that's another story....
"If you listen to your kids they'll make you a better person"-Great Grand Father

Recent Posts