God help us thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left the comment ambiguous intentionally. I made the comment because this post has drifted in the direction of media bias, and I wanted in on the conversation. No real reason other than to stir up some comments. It already seems to be working. Feel free to engage--or not.

Just was wondering. I've been trying to be pretty careful to make sure I'm not singling out, insulting or labeling anyone so that this doesn't get ugly and deleted. Since I was quoted in that I though I might have slipped up somewhere.

Just was wondering. I've been trying to be pretty careful to make sure I'm not singling out, insulting or labeling anyone so that this doesn't get ugly and deleted. Since I was quoted in that I though I might have slipped up somewhere.
You are a great conversationalist. I enjoy your banter. To clear up any misconstrued ideas of my two previous posts, I had just had a discussion with my eldest son about an incident he witnessed in a grocery store in his town. Seems a Muslim and an infidel were arguing over a parking space and my son was barely able to understand how an immigrant to this country could come here and express such hatred toward an American citizen. Seems the Muslim threatened to behead the infidel and the infidel threatened to shoot the Muslim. My son's statement to me was, "I hope they never take away our guns." I guess that conversation is weighing on my mind. Nothing violent happened and the Muslim got the parking space. The infidel walked away.

You are a great conversationalist. I enjoy your banter. To clear up any misconstrued ideas of my two previous posts, I had just had a discussion with my eldest son about an incident he witnessed in a grocery store in his town. Seems a Muslim and an infidel were arguing over a parking space and my son was barely able to understand how an immigrant to this country could come here and express such hatred toward an American citizen. Seems the Muslim threatened to behead the infidel and the infidel threatened to shoot the Muslim. My son's statement to me was, "I hope they never take away our guns." I guess that conversation is weighing on my mind. Nothing violent happened and the Muslim got the parking space. The infidel walked away.

Wow, that's rediculous on both sides,and I'm sad that your son had to see that. At least it didn't escalate.

No, ALL media is biased. All people even.

Will they edit CNN? No they will censor them.

Humans are basically incapable of not being biased. Even trying not to be, there is almost always some amount of unconscious bias going on. It's part of how our brains work to make decisions. No company will ever be perfect, and some are better than others. But none are truly unbiased.

Facebook is biased against conservatives, fox News is biased against liberals.

Allowing the government to be in control of censorship of speech is a direct violation of the 1st amendment.

While you do make good points here and is true, there is a lot more to it than the left is biased against the right and the right is biased against the left and everybody is biased. The problem is to what degree of being biased on what sides and how they act accordingly?

Look at CNN for example to where it is all opinions and hurt feelings 24/7, with VERY little facts vs Fox News which is based on facts and logic, with logical opinions. Because Fox doesn't agree with and parrot the MSM narrative they are labeled as racist, xenophobic, and horrible people. Yeah sure Fox news anchors' definitely have their opinions and speak about them (some a lot more than others lol), but nowhere near the radical left wing MSM stations. If anything Fox News leans too far to the left sometimes and continues to give in because they need to be fair and civil. Fox News will have anyone on with any view and still treat them respectful and not shout them down. The left knows no bounds but yet the right has rules to follow. We know right from wrong.

A perfect example of the opposite beliefs and the level of hypocrisy would be the tv show the View. You see how poor Meghan McCain gets treated and we all know she's not a huge Trump fan by any means, and rightfully so! Vs. the Five on Fox News. Juan WIlliams who is far on the left and can't compute facts if it doesn't fit his agenda, yet all the others on the show tolerate him and let him have his voice. They don't SHOUT him down and chase him off stage. Yes they disagree but are respectful and civil about it.

I hate to continue to be political, but it is political because the left has made it political. I am glad to hear about Parlour and Rumble starting up as free speech platforms. We need MANY more like this and conservative networks to offset the tech giants, media, NFL, NBA, Hollywood, BLM, Antifa (Just a hoax btw lol), and all the other America hating and America apologist organisations that have a platform that want to take away our 1st and and 2nd Amendment rights. We need to have our voices heard to get the truth to the people they deserve. As Americans they should be outraged they can't get the truth, but I guess it's easier to just be a sheep that way you don't have to speak for yourself because that can get very uncomfortable I know.

The far left does a great job at negatively labeling things to make them sound scary and easy to be hated. Even though they won't label anything negative on their side and just dismiss them such as "peaceful protests and celebrations in the street".

They label our AR-15 (Armalite rifles) as assault weapons, weapons of war, fully automatic rifles, weapons of mass destruction, militarising the police/public and so on. Instead of calling them what they are and should be which is an MSR (modern sporting rifle). Once you label something negatively, it is easy to target and go after. We have to relabel them in America as modern sporting rifles to the public's view. See that doesn't sound as scary does it?

Luckily I live in a small town and people here are like minded when it comes to firearms. Many females hunt and shoot and you'll overhear females talking together about their hunts and guns. It's not uncommon to hear about someone's 11 year old daughter who just killed a great buck or won a shooting competition.

@XSIVSPD sounds like he has done a great job at helping others out and teaching them about guns and safety, Kudos for that! That needs to continue to happen but on a much, MUCH wider scale and educate more people on our right to bear arms. Like thousands of gun clubs across the country bringing in new gun owners and pushing the positivity of gun ownership without all the negatives. Maybe there are plenty of clubs doing this already? Handing out flyers on every street corner, commercials, rally's, billboards, advertisements and whatever else we can do on a wide scale level to counteract what they are doing to take our rights away (Like what the NRA should be doing right now)!. My most sentimental pieces of property are my fathers and grandpa's guns that were passed down and I don't ever want those taken away.

Last edited:
While you do make good points here and is true, there is a lot more to it than the left is biased against the right and the right is biased against the left and everybody is biased. The problem is to what degree of being biased on what sides and how they act accordingly?

Look at CNN for example to where it is all opinions and hurt feelings 24/7, with VERY little facts vs Fox News which is based on facts and logic, with logical opinions. Because Fox doesn't agree with and parrot the MSM narrative they are labeled as racist, xenophobic, and horrible people. Yeah sure Fox news anchors' definitely have their opinions and speak about them (some a lot more than others lol), but nowhere near the radical left wing MSM stations. If anything Fox News leans too far to the left sometimes and continues to give in because they need to be fair and civil. Fox News will have anyone on with any view and still treat them respectful and not shout them down. The left knows no bounds but yet the right has rules to follow. We know right from wrong.

A perfect example of the opposite beliefs and the level of hypocrisy would be the tv show the View. You see how poor Meghan McCain gets treated and we all know she's not a huge Trump fan by any means, and rightfully so! Vs. the Five on Fox News. Juan WIlliams who is far on the left and can't compute facts if it doesn't fit his agenda, yet all the others on the show tolerate him and let him have his voice. They don't SHOUT him down and chase him off stage. Yes they disagree but are respectful and civil about it.

I hate to continue to be political, but it is political because the left has made it political. I am glad to hear about Parlour and Rumble starting up as free speech platforms. We need MANY more like this and conservative networks to offset the tech giants, media, NFL, NBA, Hollywood, BLM, Antifa (Just a hoax btw lol), and all the other America hating and America apologist organisations that have a platform that want to take away our 1st and and 2nd Amendment rights. We need to have our voices heard to get the truth to the people they deserve. As Americans they should be outraged they can't get the truth, but I guess it's easier to just be a sheep that way you don't have to speak for yourself because that can get very uncomfortable I know.

The far left does a great job at negatively labeling things to make them sound scary and easy to be hated. Even though they won't label anything negative on their side and just dismiss them such as "peaceful protests and celebrations in the street".

They label our AR-15 (Armalite rifles) as assault weapons, weapons of war, fully automatic rifles, weapons of mass destruction, militarising the police/public and so on. Instead of calling them what they are and should be which is an MSR (modern sporting rifle). Once you label something negatively, it is easy to target and go after. We have to relabel them in America as modern sporting rifles to the public's view. See that doesn't sound as scary does it?

Luckily I live in a small town and people here are like minded when it comes to firearms. Many females hunt and shoot and you'll overhear females talking together about their hunts and guns. It's not uncommon to hear about someone's 11 year old daughter who just killed a great buck or won a shooting competition.

@XSIVSPD sounds like he has done a great job at helping others out and teaching them about guns and safety, Kudos for that! That needs to continue to happen but on a much, MUCH wider scale and educate more people on our right to bear arms. Like thousands of gun clubs across the country bringing in new gun owners and pushing the positivity of gun ownership without all the negatives. Maybe there are plenty of clubs doing this already? Handing out flyers on every street corner, commercials, rally's, billboards, advertisements and whatever else we can do on a wide scale level to counteract what they are doing to take our rights away (Like what the NRA should be doing right now)!. My most sentimental pieces of property are my fathers and grandpa's guns that were passed down and I don't ever want those taken away.
Squeeeeze, Don't you wish we were all together sitting around a fire and you could say exactly what you feel in your heart and not have to try to type it into woods on a screen? I know I do!

This past election is proof of the bias of the MSM and social media, and their effectiveness. If Trump had only garnered twenty-five percent of the favorable coverage he deserved for all the good things he accomplished in less than four years, he would have won the election despite all the cheating the left has done. Media is the gorilla in the room.

When I hear a FOX person say that "EVERYBODY" knows this or that, I cringe. Almost everybody in this country never hears anything said on FOX News. Their average viewership reaches less than 25 million adult viewers. Most younger people never watch television news or read a newspaper. They get their news from social media.

Everything you talked about will help and will, to some extent, work to make some folks aware of the situation, but we are going to have to overcome that big gorilla standing in our way. As I have stated before, I do not have the answer, but if Trump can't hold the presidency with all the tools he used, we are all going to have to shoot that gorilla at once. Am I negative or what?

Squeeeeze, Don't you wish we were all together sitting around a fire and you could say exactly what you feel in your heart and not have to try to type it into woods on a screen? I know I do!

This past election is proof of the bias of the MSM and social media, and their effectiveness. If Trump had only garnered twenty-five percent of the favorable coverage he deserved for all the good things he accomplished in less than four years, he would have won the election despite all the cheating the left has done. Media is the gorilla in the room.

When I hear a FOX person say that "EVERYBODY" knows this or that, I cringe. Almost everybody in this country never hears anything said on FOX News. Their average viewership reaches less than 25 million adult viewers. Most younger people never watch television news or read a newspaper. They get their news from social media.

Everything you talked about will help and will, to some extent, work to make some folks aware of the situation, but we are going to have to overcome that big gorilla standing in our way. As I have stated before, I do not have the answer, but if Trump can't hold the presidency with all the tools he used, we are all going to have to shoot that gorilla at once. Am I negative or what?
Lol, for sure. Believe it or not I try to keep my posts short (failing very miserably at that lol) but I feel like I'm trying to squeeze 8lbs of sh-t into a 1lb bag haha. Just passionate about my beliefs. I've never been a political (I hate politics) person until our last president when I was forced to open my eyes when things got funny. Saw the apology tour happen, gun control happening, bending their knee to country's we should have put our foot down on, and the economy when I lost my butt$$$ due to their decisions, regulations, and putting America last.

You're right something has to be done. I don't have the answer either. There are just so many blind sheep who follow and obey facebook, twitter, and the msm. They say that guns, white people, all Republicans, conservatives, America, and Trump are bad, but Antifa, B L M (and other hate groups and domestic terrorists), racism, and our streets burning are good as they're just protests exercising their freedom of speech.

I'm so sick and tired of the hypocrisy on the left and the MSM Who literally parrot the same thing over and over and over. There's no originalism for them whatsoever. One person comes up with a slogan or saying then every single one of them say the exact same thing. They flame Trump and fawn all over Biden and his cabinet of flunky's rolling in for an Obama 3rd term that's going to lead us down the drain and put our country and rights in major jeopardy. We see what it's done to our country and it's not good. I'm worried.

We have to win Georgia to help keep these extremists at bay. We're already in trouble, if we lose both seats "god help us"!

Last edited:
Lol, for sure. Believe it or not I try to keep my posts short (failing very miserably at that lol) but I feel like I'm trying to squeeze 8lbs of sh-t into a 1lb bag haha. Just passionate about my beliefs. I've never been a political (I hate politics) person until our last president when I was forced to open my eyes when things got funny. Saw the apology tour happen, gun control happening, bending their knee to country's we should have put our foot down on, and the economy when I lost my butt$$$ due to their decisions, regulations, and putting America last.

You're right something has to be done. I don't have the answer either. There are just so many blind sheep who follow and obey facebook, twitter, and the msm. They say that guns, white people, all Republicans, conservatives, America, and Trump are bad, but Antifa, racism, and our streets burning are good as they're just protests exercising their freedom of speech.

I'm so sick and tired of the hypocrisy on the left and the MSM Who literally parrot the same thing over and over and over. There's no originalism for them whatsoever. One person comes up with a slogan or saying then every single one of them say the exact same thing. They flame Trump and fawn all over Biden and his cabinet of flunky's rolling in for an Obama 3rd term that's going to lead us down the drain and put our country and rights in major jeopardy. We see what it's done to our country and it's not good. I'm worried.

We have to win Georgia to help keep these extremists at bay. We're already in trouble, if we lose both seats "god help us"!
If we lose the Senate in Georgia, we will have two years of uncontrollable Hell. (I guess I can write that word) I do believe there will be a Big Red Wave in 2022, but it will probably be too late to save most weapons from being melted into manhole covers. I have watched that being done and it will almost make a grown man cry to see a Weatherby walnut stock burn away from a fluted barrel.

You seem to be a fine person, Squeeeeze, I hope that somehow we are able to thwart this madness before they take your sentimental guns, and mine. Ol' Red, ButterBean, and 74honker are firmly in our corner along with a bunch of others. If this ball gets big enough to start rolling, we may be able to hold on long enough to pull out a win. How's that for being positive.

I have decided to just sit everything out until February. I'll be here in the swamp if you all need me....
20201205_151908.jpg

Attachments

• 21990.jpeg
    21990.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 216
Status
Not open for further replies.