God help us thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One wonders what voting machines and software they use in Norway ?
From what I saw their government, a constitutional monarchy, is very straight. Don't think the Norwegians would tolerate vote cheating, most American's don't either. George Washington did not want or need to become our king.

I am going to go out on another limb and say that there is a trainload of white-trash nasty folks that I would not sit down next to and eat dinner. I'll go a little farther and say that there are all types of races that have an overpopulation of bad (criminal) creeps within their ranks. It would be racist to state that this is a problem confined to the African race. However, when less than 20 percent of a population is accountable for over 80 percent of the crime in a given population, there is reason to take notice.

To allow the African people the excuse of slavery for the utterly off the charts involvement in crime is a cop-out and a built-in reason for their people to continue on with these criminalistic ways. The African people themselves have as much to do with the slave trade as anyone else. What race of mankind went into the jungles of Africa and captured and sold their own people to other people, including middle easterners. And let's not forget that Africans were not enslaved only in America. Americans are just such good people that we continue to coddle people of African heritage, giving them things in life that they COULD work for and earn themselves, like everyone else with a history of prejudice against them that ever came to this country. The Civil Rights Act of the 1960s has done more harm to the African people than slavery. At least with slavery came a chance to live in the greatest nation ever created. Let's not forget the people of Mexico, Central America, and other gang infested populations that have come to this country. They were never enslaved in America, yet they, too, have a greater propensity toward crime and violent crime than their numbers should account for.
Tac-O,

It seems I have struck an unhappy nerve. What are you inferring? What is it that you disagree with in my commentary?

Perhaps I have misstated something, or perhaps you have misconstrued something I have stated. If you receive this reply, please reply back in-kind. I would not want to leave you stewing in your own juices over a slight misunderstanding.

And that is where you and me 100% agree.

When your rights was writen 20 round magazines was unheard of. I don't think you should loose your rights, but I think changing the law should include resonable arguments without using left, right, constitution, hitler, stalin, comunist, republican or democrat as part of the vocabulary.

I heard close to 40k people was killed by guns in the US in 2019, but what seams undercomunicated was that lots was people chosing to end there own life and "only" roughly 15000 was homocide.
Don't have any statiatics here about gun related crimes (might be healthy) but the total amount murdered here was 28people(no idea if any of them where shoot) and if we assume all of them was shoot it still is far behind the US if you compare population size (5million vs 330million).
We got 450000 registered gun owners and then shootguns aquired before 1987 are not required to be registered and neither are black powder guns manufactured before 1880 so there are guns we dont know about.

Do I think a DNA analyzes would find a a gene that make americans more violent?
Not really, but I think you have a problem where there are certain parts of the US people that has an unhealthy relationship with veapons and/or how you view human life.
If you don't figure it out those oposing veapons will eventually win.
If you look at the statistics, the majority of violent crime is done by the fatherless here. Not sure what the stats are in scand, but here our black youth are 70%, hispanic 50% and white are 30% without a father in the home. Firearms account for 13,958 homicides in 2018 out of 18,830 according to the cdc. Drug and gang related are 80% of those according to one source I read, but cannot remember where it is. When given honest statistics, you can see there is no reason to restrict the 350 million for the sins of a few.

Whether I figure it out or not, those opposing weapons will probably eventually win to some major degree.

Yes, we definitely do have a problem with people with unhealthy relationships with weapons and how they view human life--but that is not the population of legal gun owners who use their weapons responsibly. And no, in this country you will never be able to remove enough guns from the streets to prevent violent crimes from happening.

Statistics are meaningless in the way they are reported on the subject of gun violence. You are thinking again (about Norway) and not listening (about America) and the magnanimous differences in the way our two countries developed. 5 million vs 330 million. There is no comparison of statistics for two countries with such vastly different numbers of people and guns, not to mention the criminal mindset of so many people in this country who believe they are owed everything because of perceived past injustices. Our countries and our histories are too far apart for statistical comparison. How many people walk the streets of your country blaming you (just for the color of your skin) for every bad thing that has EVER happened to them?

If you take all the black on black, drug, and gang murders out of those skewed statistics, you would have a much clearer picture of American gun violence. And American gun violence does not deserve the taking away of my rights. Any of my rights. America's gun violence just isn't that bad.
Amen.....taking my guns will not stop any crime. I guess if we are going to argue over 20 round mags, we might as well toss in computers, phones and social media to take away free speech.

Amen.....taking my guns will not stop any crime. I guess if we are going to argue over 20 round mags, we might as well toss in computers, phones and social media to take away free speech.
You will not have to eliminate social media in order to take away free speech. Social media, as well as the national and local media, has already taken away the speech of approximately half of the country. If THEY can't get your guns and high capacity magazines, THEY will take your ammunition, your gunpowder, primers and brass, and your favorite bullets. You will have to be satisfied with rubbing and polishing your weapons and not telling anyone how you feel about it.

If you look at the statistics, the majority of violent crime is done by the fatherless here. Not sure what the stats are in scand, but here our black youth are 70%, hispanic 50% and white are 30% without a father in the home. Firearms account for 13,958 homicides in 2018 out of 18,830 according to the cdc. Drug and gang related are 80% of those according to one source I read, but cannot remember where it is. When given honest statistics, you can see there is no reason to restrict the 350 million for the sins of a few.
Statistics are designed to be skewed in favor of the party desiring the statistics. If the true figures for gun crimes in this country were available and made public, there would be nothing to threaten the already mislead public. If you simply took away the gun crimes committed in democraticly run cities, there would be no reason to restrict 350 million of us for the sins of a few.

I am going to state my opinion once more: Gun violence is the first tool to be used against the people of this nation in the attempt to take away many, if not all, of our rights and turn this country into something it was never meant to be. And only those at the top will win. This must never be allowed to happen.

You will not have to eliminate social media in order to take away free speech. Social media, as well as the national and local media, has already taken away the speech of approximately half of the country. If THEY can't get your guns and high capacity magazines, THEY will take your ammunition, your gunpowder, primers and brass, and your favorite bullets. You will have to be satisfied with rubbing and polishing your weapons and not telling anyone how you feel about it.
338 dude, Treeslug here!

Are you angry with me, or are you angry about the dismal picture of the future of our country I am painting?

338 dude, Treeslug here!

Are you angry with me, or are you angry about the dismal picture of the future of our country I am painting?
Definitely about the direction this country is headed not angry at you what so ever and I agree with most everything you say

That's good because I agree with most everything you say. In fact, I can't remember reading anything you have said that I did not agree with.
Wow thank you very much sometimes I just can't get my point across and do not think I'm very well spoken but I could be wrong apparently

Wow thank you very much sometimes I just can't get my point across and do not think I'm very well spoken but I could be wrong apparently
It is difficult to always get your point of view across in a short statement that most people will read and not pass by, but you do well, and I love your point of view. I too sometimes worry that my perspective will be lost in the brevity of what I try to write.

It is difficult to always get your point of view across in a short statement that most people will read and not pass by, but you do well, and I love your point of view. I too sometimes worry that my perspective will be lost in the brevity of what I try to write.
I know what you mean I hate typing I mostly speak into my phone and it messes up my spelling and then spend five minutes trying to correct it if posts are superlong I tend to speed read them So I purposely try to keep my responses very short and that does make it difficult to prove a point

Status
Not open for further replies.