God help us thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The top one i just took. I am deer hunting. The other is about 200 yards behind me. Very little trouble i can get into here besides stuck in the mud.

Man, sometimes I wish lived a little further south. This is at my house:
Screenshot_20201205-082846_1Weather.jpg

Not worth going out. Only thing I can hunt within a 4 hour drive is small game, and the grouse/Ptarmigan aren't likely to be out and about in this weather lol

Man, sometimes I wish lived a little further south. This is at my house:
View attachment 230397

Not worth going out. Only thing I can hunt within a 4 hour drive is small game, and the grouse/Ptarmigan aren't likely to be out and about in this weather lol
I used to drive up around Long Rifle Lodge to hunt snowshoe hares around this time of year. Did not really get too many, but the lodge had good chili, and it was outdoors. Passed the time until the fur rondevious

I used to drive up around Long Rifle Lodge to hunt snowshoe hares around this time of year. Did not really get too many, but the lodge had good chili, and it was outdoors. Passed the time until the fur rondevious

I usually would take my truck or 4wheeler out to Jim creek and stomp around the bushes there for them, but we have a bunch of meat rabbits we need thin out.

I usually head the other direction and go to petersville or Montana creek area.

Where were you up here?

I have decided to just sit everything out until February. I'll be here in the swamp if you all need me....
View attachment 230378
Okay, that does it. I'm breaking out the shotgun and going duck murdering. This last cool front brought in some ducks to my brother-in-law's place. He called and asked me to come join him on a hunt. Looking at that specklebelly reminds me of growing up on a ranch along the International flyway and goose hunting.

Does this mean you are going offline for a while? If so, see you when you return.

I usually would take my truck or 4wheeler out to Jim creek and stomp around the bushes there for them, but we have a bunch of meat rabbits we need thin out.

I usually head the other direction and go to petersville or Montana creek area.

Where were you up here?
Between Palmer and Wasilla. Moved south to WY in 1995. I hear things have changed a lot since then. Jim creek brings back memories. Hunted hares over there also. And fished when the tide was in.

Between Palmer and Wasilla. Moved south to WY in 1995. I hear things have changed a lot since then. Jim creek brings back memories. Hunted hares over there also. And fished when the tide was in.
Yeah, you wouldn't recognize the area. I've been here since 2008 and I'm amazed how fast it's changed. New houses being built so fast that there's a 6+ month wait for any sort of remodel stuff, and even then they are likely to either push it off or just cancel on you. The burough has had to hire 3 more property appraisers just to keep up.

House are going up as fast materials are available. I was going to redo my deck this summer and nowhere had pressure treated wood.

Okay, that does it. I'm breaking out the shotgun and going duck murdering. This last cool front brought in some ducks to my brother-in-law's place. He called and asked me to come join him on a hunt. Looking at that specklebelly reminds me of growing up on a ranch along the International flyway and goose hunting.

Does this mean you are going offline for a while? If so, see you when you return.
No just off trouble. We are in a split. About 10000 specs in field next to me. Shey so loud cant hear anything else. They have until Friday before they need to leave or get shot

No just off trouble. We are in a split. About 10000 specs in field next to me. Shey so loud cant hear anything else. They have until Friday before they need to leave or get shot
Sounds like a weird combination, but my daddy used to bake them in a sauce he made by sauteing apples in apricot brandy. Made a great gravy to pour over a good fat goose. Of course, he also used to pour apricot brandy down his throat while he was plowing in the cold. He said it kept him warm but did not get him drunk. He plowed some pretty straight rows. Guess it worked. I hope a few of them hang around until Friday. Good shooting if they do.

Sounds like a weird combination, but my daddy used to bake them in a sauce he made by sauteing apples in apricot brandy. Made a great gravy to pour over a good fat goose. Of course, he also used to pour apricot brandy down his throat while he was plowing in the cold. He said it kept him warm but did not get him drunk. He plowed some pretty straight rows. Guess it worked. I hope a few of them hang around until Friday. Good shooting if they do.
I'll tell you how we do it but not on this thread

Here is all the proof you need. If a conservative ever commits a mass shooting, it will be carried nonstop on every media outlet in the world for days. Don't think that has ever happened, not yet anyway. There have been a couple that started out that way, but were quickly recanted.
Dust, I believe you are better than this. Perhaps you were caught up in the post you were responding to and not thinking objectively. You deserve and you do get the benefit of the doubt.

I think many Americans have forgotten the difference between strong opinion and fact. I hear it all the time. "That's the best looking woman in town, and that's a fact." No, that's not a fact, that's an opinion. Maybe even a widely-held opinion. But not a fact.

Similarly, many Americans have forgotten the distinction between allegations and proof. Just look at how all of the allegations of election fraud have wilted in the face of actual judicial scrutiny. And this by Republican-appointed judges, and Republican Secretaries of State, and other officials. It's not all a Democratic conspiracy. Thank God so many Republicans honor their duty over obedience. I always knew they would!

And there is a difference between rationalization and reason. In your post, you submitted a hypothetical "if-then" as proof. You literally said, "all the proof you need..." Politics aside, let's all agree, that ain't actual proof of anything. I am taking that post of yours as your hyperbole, your puffing, your exuberance.

And I am all for enthusiasm and earnestness, but when it runs into the buzz saw of reality, as in numerous and various state and federal courts of law which find an embarrassing lack of merit, perhaps a reality check is needed. For everyone. For the Union.

When that comical lack of merit is actually trying to overturn the certified votes of the citizens, and the states, I have a real problem with that.

Last edited:
Dust, I believe you are better than this. Perhaps you were caught up in the post you were responding to and not thinking objectively. You deserve and you do get the benefit of the doubt.

I think many Americans have forgotten the difference between strong opinion and fact. I hear it all the time. "That's the best looking woman in town, and that's a fact." No, that's not a fact, that's an opinion. Maybe even a widely-held opinion. But not a fact.

Similarly, many Americans have forgotten the distinction between allegations and proof. Just look at how all of the allegations of election fraud have wilted in the face of actual judicial scrutiny. And this by Republican-appointed judges, and Republican Secretaries of State, and other officials. It's not all a Democratic conspiracy. Thank God so many Republicans honor their duty over obedience. I always knew they would!

And there is a difference between rationalization and reason. In your post, you submitted a hypothetical "if-then" as proof. You literally said, "all the proof you need..." Politics aside, let's all agree, that ain't actual proof of anything. I am taking that post of yours as your hyperbole, your puffing, your exuberance.

And I am all for enthusiasm and earnestness, but when it runs into the buzz saw of reality, as in numerous and various state and federal courts of law which find an embarrassing lack of merit, perhaps a reality check is needed. For everyone. For the Union.

When that comical lack of merit is actually trying to overturn the certified votes of the citizens, and the states, I have a real problem with that.
I am not a Republican, I usually vote that way just by it is the lessor of the evils, and there is not a better choice. I am a Constitutional Conservative. Big difference. My friends and I are part if the Far Right Fringe you hear so much about. It is not possible for one of us to do something like that, even though everyone I run around with would do a much better job if they did. Our Patriotism and Christian values just won't allow it to happen. We don't think that way. The left does not understand us at all, and folks fear what they do not understand. None of us would never attack anyone that was not actively threatening us, but all bets are off if they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.