Go to items for new shooter to buy?

A short bipod is nice for bench use, and can be switched from rifle to rifle. A caldwell rear bag is like $20.
Snapchat-1673800277.jpg

Electronic hearing protection. Headphones are the the most affordable, in the ear the most comfortable (unless you do not like things in your ears!) With headphones you can double up with simple ear plugs for added protection. Custom in the ear can have many features and high price.

Get a front and rear sandbag and see what your "stock" rifle and ammo can group at 100 yards. You may be just fine with the results. Im not familiar with your scope
but a spotting scope may serve you well if the one you have is delivering results you desire.

The challenge is "we" do not know what is readily available for you or how you are going to acquire them. Local or online (import restrictions ???) acquisition. "It" might be easier to let us know what you are considering and what is readily available to you.

The challenge is "we" do not know what is readily available for you or how you are going to acquire them. Local or online (import restrictions ???) acquisition. "It" might be easier to let us know what you are considering and what is readily available to you.
I ask in the post for your personal choice

I (or anyone else for that matter) have no way of knowing if "my" personal choice is readily available to you, i.e., someone suggested a shooting school.

I am just trying to get the best value to any advice. I do not do recreational advisement so good luck.
[/QUOT
I (or anyone else for that matter) have no way of knowing if "my" personal choice is readily available to you, i.e., someone suggested a shooting school.

I am just trying to get the best value to any advice. I do not do recreational advisement so good luck.
No problem

I was surprised how much a rangefinder helped me the first time I used one. you don't need the 1000yd capable ones for .223 (yet) so save some money and get a 600 yd one for much less - usually some good used ones available since many get replaced by folks wanting longer range versions.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts