Go to Boots

How are you guys buying your boots? In brick and mortar stores or on-line?
I really like to be able to try on boots before I buy and am leery of buying sight unseen.

I have high arches and medium to narrow width feet. I have a tough time finding boots that have a high enough arch to support, when this is the case I "fine tune" with a pair of high quality insoles. Most boot insoles are a joke at best anyway. My go to is the superfeet insole, I use the green one. They are extremely well built and last for years. The only boot I dont need them in is my Danner Canadian which are my "heavy weight mountain" boots. I am able to use the factory foot bed with a Sof Sole 1/2 length heel/arch cup in those. All my lighter weight boots however get the superfeet insoles.

Really like my uninsulated Schnee's (Beartooth model) and run a pair of superfeet insoles. I am hard to fit, but was able to meet Schnee's staff and get fitted at the DSC show, which made life much easier. Good luck.

Highly recommend Sheep Feet!!!

I've used a variety of quality boots mentioned already. Biggest improvement in feet and knee issues for me was when I started using them.

How are you guys buying your boots? In brick and mortar stores or on-line?
I really like to be able to try on boots before I buy and am leery of buying sight unseen.
I have found Scheels has a lot in stock so when I decided to go to a much better boot I went there to try a bunch. They had Kenetrek, Crispi, lowa, and many others. I found the other sporting goods stores would only carry 1 or 2 brands I was interested in and sizing was tough to find.

Just got some lowa tibets i think. Best boot ive come across so far no break in time no blisters and just an absolute comfortable boot to be in all day. Check out zamberlins mendiels scarpa kennetreks schnees tons of good boots out there now days

Kennetrek or Danner, the Danners are way lighter. I have both and love both. I'm a hunting guide and in the spring I wear either Danner Pronghorns or Danner Kestrels unfortunately the Kestrels are discontinued. In the winter I wear either Danner Pronghorn 1200's or my Kennetrek Mountain extremes.

Kenetreks here too. I have Crispi Nevadas that I love for hiking and hunting around home, but if I have to pack weight especially in the mountains my Kenetrek Mtn Guides can't be beat. At least for me there is a huge advantage in the sole and lateral support of the Kenetrek. I have never had any issues with break-in with Crispi or Kenetrek and durability of both has proven to be outstanding.

I picked up a pair of Lowa Tibets earlier this year for an upcoming elk hunt, and while they're great boots, my feet were underwhelmed, especially when standing for long periods of time. I tried a pair of Superfeet Adapt Hike Max insoles and it was a total game-changer for me. They have an insole finder to recommend which of their many insoles are right for your situation. Very durable and comfortable so far. I may go the custom orthotics route someday, like Sheep Feet, but for now the Superfeet insoles have proved to be perfect for my needs!

I have been looking at lathlop and sons boots and the schnee bear claw boots. I tried Solomons but never last much past 3 to 6 months toes come apart. I have high arches and me feet get sore. But I will look into the kenetrek mountain extreme